Ready for boost but I have some questions....

wingless5.0

Established Member
So this past month Ive been thinking about taking the dive into the boost koolaid. I want to do a paxton and make around 580-610. Now I do have a concerns. My car is a 2012 5.0 auto with 38k miles and going up cause its my daily. The questions are, is 38k miles to much or will it be okay and is this a good daily driver set-up. Im probably gonna get a winter beater towards the end of summer but until then this is only car I have. Also wondering if I need any other bolt ons to go with it???

If anyone has any tips, suggestions or what now let me know. Also I live near Chicago and am wondering who could do the install/tune for it.

hitmix300

Established Member
Bolt ons aren't required but would be recommended. You don't need long tube headers, but you can gain much from having them.. That goes for other mods as well such as shifters, clutch/converter, cat deletes, return fuel system & more. I would like to say you could get away with a Paxton, injectors & boostapump and make your power goals.

I personally am not boosted as of now but I have had other boosted vehicles. Let's see what the actual Paxton owners advise you.. Good luck and enjoy the fresh batch of koolaid this summer

PC03GT

Established Member
Yeah what he said. O/R h or X pipe, bap, ID 1000's, and some kind of intake JLT or a steeda intake will work. I have a vortech I made 612hp 503tq sae on 3.8 pulley

Last edited:

Deerslayer

Established Member
We installed a Vortech this weekend.
Here are our mods: Boss IM, 90mm TB, ID1000 injectors, Maxflow BAP, Tial 50mm BOV, Brisk Plugs, Off Road X. Sounds SO good. We just have the base tune loaded, so no WOT pulls until we complete the remote tuning tomorrow.
Here is a video of her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-aU3GMz7I

zachcrosen

Established Member
Im sure Beefcake will chime in soon but he makes Paxton kits which should include everything you need to safely run to your expectations. I wouldn't think there would be any problems with adding boost with that low of mileage. It is probably a better DD option than a turbo or TVS type blower due to the shift in the RPM band but then again, maybe not. I would go thru too many tires if I had my blower on a DD!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you will have no issues at those miles imo. Our custom packages have everything you need. The only single item I would recommend that we do not include is at least cat deletes if the car is stock.

Cat deletes, or an offroad x will work great. Headers are nice, but not required.

Anything you know, you can reach us 8am to 10pm seven days a week.

Beef
513-478-1965

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
If you HAVE to go paxton, you need to get T bolt clamps and get rid of that crappy coolant tank that comes with the kits.

I just did a paxton car.

Stock Pulley, Stock air box, Upgraded Coolant Tank, ID1000's and a BAP. Stock Headers and O/R X and Made good power.

As far as miles go, My personal car has 63,000 miles and Runs 9's. 600rwhp is a walk in the park.

Users who are viewing this thread