Reaching out for a little help...locally

Surubasi

Established Member
So i'm about to do my first mod on the terminator...and i'ma little apprehensive.

I'm going to do Griggs upper and lower subframe connectors- awesome right?

well here's where i'm sketchy...I want to put the Roll Bar kit that Griggs offers as well (it's not on their website) but it's 1200 bux and 4-6 hours of labor...

If i do them both at the same time I save money on the install....but have to fork over in excess of 2500 bux for both installed....that's a grip of cash for a first mod

so my question is

Is the Roll Bar Worth it (i have a vert)
Do you think it's ugly (this really doesn't matter, but i'll ask anyways)
Do you think it is beneficial?
Does it really add structural rigidity?
How much should I sell my Padded Panzy Light Bar for?

thanks in advance, any other advice please volunteer it

Dave

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Sorry for being the first person to reply with absolutly NO technical info.... but i may take that 'panzy light bar' off your hands when the time comes. :D

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
IF you plan to race and with a vert the roll bar is a must..., this beasts get in the 11 sec too easy and with good mods KB and so we are talking 10's so you will need it or they will kick you out of the track. I personally have a vert but I will keep my Padded Panzy light bar since I dont want a cage

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I want a panzy padded light bar:(.

As for the cage, what makes you want to do that for a first mod? Planning on running open track?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I guess it all depends on your plans with the car. The subframes are a must if you have a vert IMO, (Call me a hypocrite if you like because I have not installed them despite spending thousands on mods)

If you are not going full out Drag then I would invest the dough in engine, appearance, or suspension mods

Surubasi

Established Member
i'm not going all out drag or all out anything really....

I just want it for the peace of mind just in case...and of course so I can have the structural rigidity...but if it doesn't add that much then i'd keep the Panzy bar

Dave

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Then do the subframes and start mooding the beast I am sure after a couple times down the track you will be able to make a better decision on ditching the PANZY PADDED :lol1: light bar for a roll bar. so is better IMO to do the subframes first even if you pay twice you will noticed a difference with the subframes :beer:

predator

Established Member
Actually, I think it is a very good decision to go with structural support and safety first. More of us should have gone that route. Its a personal choice. :thumbsup:

ELECTPRR

Established Member
I have the autopower bolt in for vert's along with MM ful lenght subs. The car is very tight and lost 95% of the hop. Drag cages and road race can be very different so take a look at both. Also for the NHRA you will need a 5 or 6 point SFI belt if you hit the mid 11's with the vert!!

Surubasi

Established Member
My personal choice is safety...then financial...if i save my ass of four a couple months and get a Hellion Turbo kit i'd be that much more prepared for it ;)

Dave

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I did suspension upgrades (see sig) so I could keep the light bar, but mainly for use of the back seat. Roll bars lay too close to the passenger's head for my comfort level. Padded or not. Now I have zero wheel hop and even my wife commented the other day that the car feels good. She used to complain about getting jostled around when cornering and bumps in the road.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I gotta say for the money in a vert sub frames are an absolute MUST DO! Go MM Full Length...and you WILL notice a difference. These verts shake quite a bit or twist so, for the money...do SFC first...and of course then the usual springs, etc. I would probably do roll bar last do to cost. Not sure if I will ever do one as I don't like the look alot with the the top down...

Users who are viewing this thread