reached a turning point

svtdriven

Established Member
I had been thinking that I would hang onto all my stock parts, and then buy the stock parts I was missing, so that in case I one day decided to sell the car, I could put the stock parts back on it.

I really don't think I'll ever sell it. so I probably wouldn't ever put the stock parts back on. and also that since my car has been painted before, not from accidents, but from lack of care and a garage, it would never be as valuable as it would with original paint. plus it has 110k miles.

So I decided to list them all on ebay. sell them so I can buy more aftermarket parts.

Has anyone here with a slightly modded cobra thought about this? what did you decide and why?

svtdriven

Established Member
its exxed, or you can just type in "1993 cobra" into the search and search newly listed first.

not a whole lot of stuff. front and rear brakes, springs, control arms. I am going to install a tilt steering wheel and cruise control, at that point I am going to list the stock steering wheel and column. probably going to pull the cd player(buttons are worn and the cd player only sometimes works)

I'll probably put the motor and tranny aside for some other mustang project car, IF I don't just rebuild it and leave it in there.

if the car was stock when I bought it and had the original paint, I wouldn't think of doing this.

Last edited:

93cobra2776

a.k.a Lee93
Established Member
I still have allof my OEM parts (except for the smog items).

I don't plan on ever selling mine but I am still going to keep my heads, rockerarms, etc..

scootro

Established Member
svtdriven said:
its exxed, or you can just type in "1993 cobra" into the search and search newly listed first.

not a whole lot of stuff. front and rear brakes, springs, control arms. I am going to install a tilt steering wheel and cruise control, at that point I am going to list the stock steering wheel and column. probably going to pull the cd player(buttons are worn and the cd player only sometimes works)

I'll probably put the motor and tranny aside for some other mustang project car, IF I don't just rebuild it and leave it in there.

if the car was stock when I bought it and had the original paint, I wouldn't think of doing this.
i'll buy that oem cd player....just let me know!!! just pm me when you get ready or decide to sell.....

mustangcobra93

Established Member
The only thing I've gotten rid of is my 24 lb injectors. I've kept everything else. I didn't want to sell those, but I really needed money at the time and I figured there was nothing special about them so I can always pick another set up in the future if I need them again.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
svtdriven said:
Has anyone here with a slightly modded cobra thought about this? what did you decide and why?
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I think I'm going to keep all my stock parts though, I just can't let them go.

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
I've held on to my stock engine parts for years now. Only recently have I deceided to let them go. I love the car the way it is now and I know I am not going to sell it or put it back to stock. So I sold my stock intake last week and I am also going to part with the heads, mass air, cam, value covers, and a few more things.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I was talking to my friend with a '93 about this. What can be traced to the car as original via VIN#, etc.?
-J

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I understand, was looking for some interior trim parts

i got some gray parts if you need. kick panels, doom light, top center console piece, glove box, fuse cover panel, seat belts and the rear tail light hatch pieces i think

Users who are viewing this thread