Re-tune required?

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I'm wanting to bring my Mach 1 up from Louisiana to Colorado this winter(trailered of course). Just curious if I will need to get it re-tuned for this altitude, a little over 5000ft vs. La's 10ft. It could probably use a re-tune anyway to replace the crap tune that gets 12mpg thats on there, but if I don't have to spend the $400-600, I don't want to. Thanks for the help.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I'm wanting to bring my Mach 1 up from Louisiana to Colorado this winter(trailered of course). Just curious if I will need to get it re-tuned for this altitude, a little over 5000ft vs. La's 10ft. It could probably use a re-tune anyway to replace the crap tune that gets 12mpg thats on there, but if I don't have to spend the $400-600, I don't want to. Thanks for the help.

I would do it just to be safe, Imagine with the thin air you'll be running rich.
Maybe somebody else will chime-in.
Jeff

TTT

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

Little off topic here..but what size pulley are you running to get 508 RWHP??

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Will it be ok to pull it off the trailer and drive to a tuner as long as I stay out of the boost? Thanks for the replies.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You should be fine to drive it there. The computer can compensate for the altitude change at part throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread