re seal irs diff cover W/OUT TAKING OUT

dogg502

Established Member
ended up breaking the SEAL on my diff. cover from my trip to the track, luckily it didnt break the cover but anyhow i was dreading ripping apart the whole irs so I figured I try to mcgruber it. I left damn near everything in tact just unbolted the driveshaft and the front mount holding the pig, and removed diff bolts , little bit of wiggle forward and POOF cover came off!!!!!!! U could do this project in no time with a lift and air tools. Me on the other hand jack stands and hand tools but still quick. hopefully the BF brace helps out in the future. I just wanted to let people know the quick and cheaper way to deal with this problem.

Imageshack - 20121009185606528.jpg

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

TDS-03

Established Member
Yes, you can do it, but you will find that re-installing especially with the brace is a real pain. If it was me, I would put on jack stands and undo the rear IRS cradle bolts, drive shaft, and brake calipers. Support the assembly with a jack and let the assembly swing down. Much better access to the pumpkin. Change your fuel filter while you have the IRS somewhat out of the way too. ;-)

dogg502

Established Member
Yes, you can do it, but you will find that re-installing especially with the brace is a real pain. If it was me, I would put on jack stands and undo the rear IRS cradle bolts, drive shaft, and brake calipers. Support the assembly with a jack and let the assembly swing down. Much better access to the pumpkin. Change your fuel filter while you have the IRS somewhat out of the way too. ;-)

ya, it didnt fight me at all for ONCE quick and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread