Re Ported My Blower Larger

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Last weekend i went up to see a couple friends Joe(Soap) and Kevin(Rev-in) about porting my blower alittle more to see if there is anymore HP to be found by opening up the bottom more. These guys took my blower off and i watched them the whole time make every cut to how i described i wanted it done and i was very impressed on the equipment they use and perfection that both of these guys did with my blower. Now to the dyno results:

Correction factor and barometer readings were nearly identical for both days with same blower temperature before each pull.

Dyno 2/25
1st pull 502HP SAE
2nd pull 506HP SAE

Dyno 3/9 Re Ported Eaton
1st pull 510HP SAE
2nd pull 511HP SAE

The gains were seen after 5000rpms and my previous peak HP was at 5500rpms and now it peaks at 5900rpms,the area under the curve stayed consistant until 5000rpms and that is where i picked up the gains. I want to thank Kevin and Joe for a job well done:beer:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
stupid idea............... but would it somehow be possible to extrude hone the inside of the blower case?

Right now everyone just hits the inlet\outlet

but what if the inside volume increased?

Would this somehow effect the blower in a negative way?

trey193

Established Member
I have the pics and let me say the work is legit and High Rollers blower is opened up in a big way on the bottom side!!! Matt has the combo!!:)

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
stupid idea............... but would it somehow be possible to extrude hone the inside of the blower case?

Right now everyone just hits the inlet\outlet

but what if the inside volume increased?

Would this somehow effect the blower in a negative way?

If you you did that then you would need to get bigger rotors to maintain the correct clearance between rotor & case. Incorrect clearance would lead to air leakage & lower boost. :(

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Did you start out with a stock, unmodified Eaton, or one that had already been ported by Apten or someone?

The reason I ask is that I would have expected a greater HP increase if you started out with a stock one, based on the Apten mod results anyway.

Dana

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I wonder at what point you start making the case weaker??

After all, the eaton (heaton) does have a heat problem..

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
My car isn't finished yet due to software problems with Chipmaster revolution. But the blower was extensivley ported by JD's in Huntington Valley , PA. The blower port job looks unbelievable and for the case it is also ported in diff area's and completly polished, it had a mirror finish. There was alot of theory and time put into this port job. Also There is alot more work in this job then just the inlet and outlet. I will keep you guy's posted on dyno number's as soon as it's finished.

Soap

Established Member
Matt,

I'm glad everything worked out like we hoped on the dyno. You car is one sick beast on the freeway :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To answer the previous question.........his blower was already ported by Apten.

--Joe

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
:eek:

SOAP ups the Apten ante.

Bought time somebody from Michigan started tweaking these blowers.

Soap

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
:eek:

SOAP ups the Apten ante.

Bought time somebody from Michigan started tweaking these blowers.

In this particular case that was true, and it may happen again as another Apten customer will soon be reported.

I was more concerned with the fact that everyone says "I will only trust Apten do port my blower". That mindset just stumps me :shrug:

--Joe

Silver 03 Cobra

High Roller, what pulleys are you running, upper/lower?

I'm at 503 rwhp with a six upper and four lower when I run ice in my chiller. I'm out of a job at the end of April and am planning on taking four months off before I look for another job if I can stand it that long. I'm thinking I may pull my blower and port it. I see a few people with just a 2.80 pulley getting 500 rwhp. I wonder what my commbo would put out. I'm thinking maybe 540.

trey193

Established Member
Silver03 I would be up for one of your chiller setups in your down time off of work! I'll get with ya! High Roller and I were talking about your setup last night actually! :)

Users who are viewing this thread