RE:heads,BIG cam,big stall, 150 n/x firehawk...closer than i expected

AcFirehawk008

Established Member
hi, i just wanted to reply to this but the first thread is to long because of some interweb thug ninga

Im the owner of the Firehawk that Tony(Cobra8urZ06) ran and i just wanted to set some things straight about my car...

its a 2001 Formula Firehawk and its unbadged

Its a cam only car, I DO NOT have heads or a FAST 90/90, only stock LS1 heads and a LS6 intake, as far as the cam goes its smaller than a MS3 cam, the lift is in the upper 570's, the duration is on the big side though in the upper 230's and it does have a big split on a 113+1 LSA

my car is UNTUNED

i do have a set of CNC ported and polished heads sitting on a shelf in some hefty bags :thumbsup: they will be on the car soon as well as a new cam

i do have a fuddle 3600 stall converter and 3.42 gears

i dont have a seperate tank for my nitrous :??: but i don run a 93/100 octane mix for the 150 shot

other than that i have basic bolt on's and some suspension parts...

i have never ran the car at the track so i base a guesstimation of what my car could be capable of off of cars i have ran, from a roll (not my choice) i have put 2-3 cars on a car that has trapped 126, so with a good tire and a dyno tune my car should be good for upper 120's or maybe a low 130

as far as the races with Tony's cobra, i will let the videos speak for themselves as soon as he posts them :-D

and if Im not mistaken, i asked him that night what shot he was running and im pretty sure he told me he was spraying a 100 shot :??:

Last edited:

Darth Invader

Is Your Dad
Established Member
I hate to break it to you buddy, but your car cam only with some gas isnt going anywhere near 130mph through the 1/4.

AcFirehawk008

Established Member
Darth Invader said:
I hate to break it to you buddy, but your car cam only with some gas isnt going anywhere near 130mph through the 1/4.
ok, i want to run it sometime in the next two months after i get it tuned and ill post the times

oh and heres my car vs. a ported whipple Cobra with full bolt ons etc. and yes the Cobra did jump me and yes i was coming back up on him up top...and this was probably the closest race ive had the way my car sits now, i just wish he would man up and run me for real (from a dig):-D

my car is a little faster now and is still untuned

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VH4YDovaEJw

Last edited:

AcFirehawk008

Established Member
Prey4Me said:
HAHAHA! I knew that guy in the cobra was full of shit! Nice hawk!
thanks man, im ordering my Firehawk decals, window sticker and certificate from SLP very soon... its sucks not having any of it :( its how i bought the car...

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
AcFirehawk008 said:
ok, i want to run it sometime in the next two months after i get it tuned and ill post the times

oh and heres my car vs. a ported whipple Cobra with full bolt ons etc. and yes the Cobra did jump me and yes i was coming back up on him up top...and this was probably the closest race ive had the way my car sits now, i just wish he would man up and run me for real (from a dig):-D

my car is a little faster now and is still untuned

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VH4YDovaEJw
A ported Whipple huh?

50_Dave

Established Member
That firehawk is a terd. You guys should all come down to orlando and race it. Id kick his ass but gas is too expensive.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
AcFirehawk008 said:
I dont know, thats what he claims. I also heard it was a big whipple if that means anything

I do know it makes close to 700rwhp though

a ported 3.4l whipple eh? i heard those where made from unobtanium.

Users who are viewing this thread