Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Black with red time-attack ring

Votes: 38 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
Well I bought a set of 18X9 Saleens off a guy and they were in horrible shape but the price was waaaay to good to pass up so I pounced. I finally got sometime over the holidays to refinish them and give them some much needed TLC.

Just for a reference, Here is the car.

DSC_0287-13-framed.jpg

Up close before the wash
DSC_0369.jpg

The Back
DSC_0373.jpg

The Curb Rash
DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

After the first wash
DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

After sanding with 60 grit
DSC_0376.jpg

After 320
DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

Taped Up for the first coat of primer
DSC_0391.jpg

After the first coat of primer
DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

The curb rash, I've got some Bondo with metal reinforcement that I'll use to completely smooth out the rash
DSC_0398.jpg

My plan at the moment is to paint them high gloss black with a red time-attack ring. What do you all think?

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
any pics of what they're supposed to look like with the red? I was considering doing this with a set of 17x9/10.5 black 95 Rs.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
What kind of paint did you use for that?

It'll all be done with rattle-can paint as I lost access to the paint booth I used back in high school.

But its all dupli-color products. Flat Black primer, then I'll black high-temp paint with a high temp, high gloss clear over it. And a high-temp, red paint of course.

I haven't decided how I am going to do the time attack ring yet. I may mock it with pin stripe to make sure I like it but then I'll probably tape it up and spray the rings.

Thanks for all the positive responses guys! I'll be sure to post more pictures as I proceed.

Jaysin

Established Member
Good work man! Reminds me of when I painted my stock wheels (I had fun doing it, very satisfying seeing the work pay off). I think the black with red ring looks good, but I personally would go with the gunmetal look.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
If your going to do the Time-Attack look, easiest thing to do is paint the wheels black then order a set of stripes from Tapeworks.com in the color you like. Then just stripe the wheel. I did the car BMoseley has now. :)

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I say sticky:how to refinish you wheels?
Looks awsome!

I'll update this with all the steps when I'm done and then we can leave it to the mods.

If your going to do the Time-Attack look, easiest thing to do is paint the wheels black then order a set of stripes from Tapeworks.com in the color you like. Then just stripe the wheel. I did the car BMoseley has now. :)

Thanks! I remember when you were selling that car. I almost bought it! haha car looks great my friend :beer:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
looks great, but why not take the tire off of the rim? wouldnt it eventually chip around the edges?

I don't beleive so. I made sure to tape under the rim and made sure to spray up under the edge. I dont see any problems with chipping.

bmoseley

who farted?
Established Member
ya he did the first set but when i took it to put new tires on the back cause we both know thos tires were gone lol the guy that put the tire on ****ed the back ones up, so i went to a local paint shop were they sold pin stripe tape an they had a ton of colors so went with tomato red it matched the car great an i only paid $20 for like 100 ft an i had a bunch left over. it was real easy to put on just take your time with it heres some more pics lol.
the first 2 are after the tire shop i cant beat $10 to mount my buddy did them on his lunch cant be 2 mad
102_0189.jpg

102_0188.jpg

IMG_0111-1.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Last edited:

kbsonicstang

Owns 1 sick stang!!
Established Member
like sliverstang23 said tinted windows would help the wheels, but me personally would still do the black with red strip. and bmoseley your car looks amazing

Users who are viewing this thread