Razors Edge or Amazon Racing??

bross03cobra

Established Member
Guys,
I am looking at porting the Eaton, TB & Plenum. Not sure about the Apten or REM for 1/2 the cost? Of course a new tune with either the Predator purchase or reburn on my Diablochip also. I already have 2.8 upper, Steeda CAI, Magnaflow x & cat back. I need any feedback at all, as I will be doing this very very soon. Thanks all......Bill

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I would go with Apten. There is alot more to it then just porting the thing. They take it apart, check it, and make sure everything is working properly before they send it back. Remember, 99 percent of the time in this world, you get what you pay for.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I agree. Besides, didn't someone already get their blower ported by razors edge and gained 20rwhp? I think they said expect to gain 20-30rwhp.

You will get 30-50rwhp with Apten.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I believe Griffin got the REM Eaton and he is very happy with it!! I believe the real benefit of the port job lies in the foundation of a good tune.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I like Sambandit's advice...you get what you pay for. Brian at Apten seems to be totally legit.....backs up his product and stays with you until it's the way it's supposed to be.

KosherCobra

Established Member
I live about 15 minutes from Razors Edge (NO THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING!!!! I NEVER LEAVE WITHOUT BUYING SOMETHING!!) So for me it's a no brainer. Tim & Paul have been great with me on my Lightning and have continued to be with my Cobra.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
griffin had claimed they are the same port jobs, and so has another guy on our lightning ones. They posted some REM lightning pictures, and from that I can tell why they are only charging $295. They are doing about half of the port work that we are.

Here's an example I am referring to. Larry you can look at the REM port job (especially on bottom) and compare that to yours and tell people how different they are.

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60140&highlight=apten

Brian

Last edited:

DPS

Established Member
Just a quick question for Brian, do you have any dyno results for guys that have used your porting and are using a stock pully or maybe a 3.1. Thanks.

:beer:

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
I tested a 3.0 once and it did pick up the usual 30+, but I haven't tested a 3.1. Based on how they are are picking up about the same in the big end I would say you are still going to get good gains.

Brian

DPS

Established Member
Thanks Brian. I am not going to the dragstrip and would just like to have a safe power increase without overspinning the blower. Can a purchase a 3.0 from you when I come down or should I bring one with me? Also, I am always open to suggestions so if you have opinions that differ from mine on using a 3.0 please let me know. Thanks

:beer:

bross03cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. My mind is just about made up....Bill

Established Member
With my ported Eaton from Razor's Edge, I gained just as much as everyone else did.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by BrianH
griffin had claimed they are the same port jobs, and so has another guy on our lightning ones. They posted some REM lightning pictures, and from that I can tell why they are only charging $295. They are doing about half of the port work that we are.

Here's an example I am referring to. Larry you can look at the REM port job (especially on bottom) and compare that to yours and tell people how different they are.

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60140&highlight=apten

Brian

There is no comparison Brian. Your port work puts theirs to shame.:rockon: :rockon:

There is a HUGE difference.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread