Raxiom Smoked CCFL Headlight Issue

Jabooh1

Established Member
Just installed Raxiom smoked projector CCFL headlights. The beam pattern on the passenger is very weird. Picture below:
00969889-A135-4972-832C-F957248F70D9_zpsccgfmcyg.jpg

it looks like the cut off is not correct in the housing. Surely this isn't common.

Also is there a way to raise the beam? They cut off 15' in front of the car.

dennisn

Established Member
There's a Philipps set screw to adjust. You don't have to remove bumper. Just look for it and you'll find it.

I probably drove way off for months before I finally tried to adjust it. Then I realized how easy it was to adjust and wished I would've done it months ago.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Is the adjustment screw on the back where the bulb is or on the side behind the ballast?

Jab - You're going to be looking for something just like this below;

198305d1363286649-raxiom-headlight-adjustment-raxiom-adjuster.jpg

Don't get discouraged if it doesn't adjust immediately because it's going to require a bunch of turns (Clockwise)

Let us know how you make out.

Alex

Jabooh1

Established Member
Alex,

Found the adjustment screw and got them lined properly. However I still think they may have an issue. If you look at the original photo of the beam spread:

The passenger light beam is cut in two. Main portion then a break then a rounded triangle above the break. This didn't change or go away after bulb adjustment up.

Thoughts?

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Alex,

Found the adjustment screw and got them lined properly. However I still think they may have an issue. If you look at the original photo of the beam spread:

The passenger light beam is cut in two. Main portion then a break then a rounded triangle above the break. This didn't change or go away after bulb adjustment up.

Thoughts?

Jab - That's definitely on the odd side and I've honestly never seen them shoot light like this before. I'll reply to your PM right now and we'll go from there.

Alex

Staggolee

Mine are doing this as well after installing them today; was there an easy fix for this?
I've messed with the adjustment only a little so far.

Users who are viewing this thread