Raxiom rear view camera function

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
For those of you who have the Raxiom and installed it yourself.....when you hooked up your rearview camera did you connect anything other than the S-Video cable? The instructions are vague on that and after installing it mine didn't work. I got a replacement camera and installed it and it doesn't work. The unit itself properly changes to the reverse output but there is no video. Did you have to hook up the power and ground trigger wires that are there? I am under the impression that the +12v and ground for camera are for the RCA style inputs, and the directions don't show wiring anything for the SVideo beyond the svideo cable itself.

Thanks for any help fellas

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Well I never got an answer so I assume none of you know. That being said, I got pissed off after getting a second overpriced Raxiom SVideo camera that didn't seem to work, I then bought a cheapo $12 rca kit from some cheap nonenglish speaking dude who shipped it to me on a slow boat from Tiawan. Hooked that one up, it comes on immediately or works flawlessly. Go figure

Users who are viewing this thread