Rattle on Startup...

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Since getting a company car as a DD, I've only been driving the Cobra a couple times a month. After this last Wannagofast 1/2 mile event, it sat for a couple of weeks before I had a chance to drive it again. When I started it, there was a rattle that lasted for 1-2 seconds and then everything sounded normal. It sat for another couple of weeks and I drove it to the store yesterday with the same results. The noise is only on startup after sitting for awhile and only lasts for maybe two seconds. This leads me to believe it's something related to oil pressure, maybe a bad lash adjuster? What do you think?

Steve Cea

Established Member
I was gonna say the same thing. , What oil you running and may I suggest using Archoil in addition to your normal motor oil ? It's a friction modifier at the nano level , the stuff is incredi ble ! I work for UPS our trucks use this stuff religiously ! No it's not just for diesels , it works on any combustion engine and is amazing , to give you an idea my bottle is 32oz , only takes about 2 ounces per 5 courts ! So it lasts a long time !!! Check it out you won't be disappointed!! You can use it in all your car's, motorcycles lawnmowers etc etc !!! Worth every penny I've been using it for decades
dab8dc0438d3c4f4ef3b82300d9a4a65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
What filter are you running? Some of them don't have an anti-drainback valve.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
I had tried running RP 5W-30 and it made some pretty good sewing machine noise, drained and put the FoMoCo synthetic blend 5W-30 and noise is gone.

If it's my first start after a long time I always hold the gas pedal down to prime the engine

Users who are viewing this thread