Raptor ready for winter

98slowbra

Established Member
Well since this is the 1st pickup I have ever owned I got 6 60lbs tubes to go in the back of my truck for winter, I took 4 bags out until it snows. I hope that will help a small bit getting around in the when the snow does fly.

ZWilson07

Established Member
It's not even needed
Buuuuuuut ok!

x2.

I know people are always talking about putting more weight in the bed so the rear gets better traction but I have personally never put anything at all in mine because I never saw the need.

I never got to a point to where I was wishing I had better traction in the rear, but of course tires are the main contributor to that. My duratracs, bfg at's, bfg km2's, and mud grapplers were always great in winter. Duratracs and mud grapplers were my favorite but the others were still more then good enough to get the job done

Get some really good tires and with that truck, if you ever have to put weight in your bed, then you have much bigger problems :D

Last edited:

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
It will sink your mileage and I agree it isn't needed. I hate carrying anything but a spare in my bed unless the truck is doing work. If you do choose to weight it down, be sure you keep it as far forward as possible. You don't want to shift any weight off of your steering tires.

And when the snow does fly...... you're going to love it. Your Raptor will do you right.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
:dancenana:Maybe his raptor didn't come with 4 wheel drive

NickPic

Raptor Runner
Established Member
I have had my raptor for 2 winters now this will be the third. Extra weight is not needed. It does fine. Had mine out in a few storms and never had an issue

98slowbra

Established Member
Thanks guys I will try it without, this is the 1st every pickup I have ever owned so I just here that there should be weight in the back over the tires so I do it. The Raptor I have is a 2013 4dr blue flame. So since this truck cost me $65k out the door I want to be a bit careful, remember 1st pickup I have ever owned.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
That's understandable. It's good to have something to throw in the bed if you find you need it or gives you peace of mind but you should get around just fine.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Since this is your first truck, I'm assuming you are also new to 4x4's? If so, you will quickly realize that accelerating is fairly easy, but braking is the pretty much the same for all cars=sucks. So take caution when coming to a stop, but enjoy pulling away from lesser equipped vehicles;-)

Users who are viewing this thread