Raptor Now On Ford's Website

Raptor6point2

Established Member
If you go to the Raptor site, there is a way you can print out the Raptor that you built, with check boxes for the options you want on your Raptor. Molten Orange interior is one of the boxes. They have pictures of the Molten Orange interior and the regular black interior. The orange definitely stands out more, in my opinion, it's the only way to go.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
They had one of these on display at the local car show 2 weeks ago. Pretty nice truck. Dood said the starting price is $65k CAD...wowzers.

Raptor6point2

Established Member
You serious about the 65K sticker? I built one on the website loaded with all the options. I was hoping that it would only be a little over 50K. Seems kind of outrageous, but it would not surprise me. I was looking at an all-white '08 GT500 last night, sticker was 47K, then there was this other little sticker saying, "Adjusted Market Value, 57K". I was astounded. Who is still going to pay a 10K mark-up on one of these cars? I bet it will be lingering on dealer lots for awhile.

blksn8k

Established Member
You serious about the 65K sticker? I built one on the website loaded with all the options. I was hoping that it would only be a little over 50K. Seems kind of outrageous, but it would not surprise me. I was looking at an all-white '08 GT500 last night, sticker was 47K, then there was this other little sticker saying, "Adjusted Market Value, 57K". I was astounded. Who is still going to pay a 10K mark-up on one of these cars? I bet it will be lingering on dealer lots for awhile.

Most sane dealers are selling new 08 and 09 GT500s for MSRP or below. I believe the dealers are still getting an additional $3000 from Ford for any leftover 08s. They do not have to share that with the customer but they could if they really want to move the car. I have seen brand new 08s advertised for as low as $39,995. The 2010s will be out soon so any unsold 08 or 09s will be even harder to move.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
If they had a supercrew option, I would seriously think about buying one. Oxford White, Black Interior, Supercrew, 6.2..........

As it is, I will stick with my 07 Lariat.

blksn8k

Established Member
I could not verify this on Ford's website but I did read in a Motor Trend article that the Raptor will come with the 5.5 foot bed. I would really prefer the 6.5. That is the one thing that might give me second thoughts. The bed on my Sport Trac is way too small to be practical and this is not much better. Of course MT also said it was a Supercrew cab so I hope they are also wrong about the bed length.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Cost will be a driving factor for me ! I can see it costing a lot though, check out the front sheet metal, fenders, grill, hood, all completely diff. Plus I think I read somewhere that hte shocks were like 2k each... theres 8k. Don't let that word out, you'll see people coming out of the mall to a truck with no suspension. I think $50k+ would be absurd but I bet it will come in somewhere around there.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It is only avaible with the five and a half foot bed, and supercab configuration. No full four doors here. I'm sure it is expensive, but worth every penny.

Yeah, you can't please everyone, just like the lightning. It'd be nice to have a bit bigger bed and make it more useful, but it's still a badass truck. I wish I lived out west so I'd be able to enjoy it a lot more.

Maybe I'll be able to afford one by the time the 6.2L engine comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread