Raptor creates fewer hydrocarbons than a Fiat 500...

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
How easily this is accepted by those who WANT to believe it's true. However, there's absolutely no evidence presented here, just a guy saying the raptor was cleaner.

"we just modified the ftp75 and substituted blower speed for vehicle speed" in other words, the blower turning at 80% was dirtier than the raptor turning at 15%? Is that what their saying? Well no shit.

"the raptor was actually cleaning the air in part of this test" cmon now. Like mentioned in the comments, does that mean the raptor was pulling in hydrocarbons in the bay from running the different engines and producing less than that at the tailpipe? Again, no shit.

Anyone who doesn't dismiss this as completely unsupported by evidence is crazy.

I'd still drive the poop out of a raptor though.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
How easily this is accepted by those who WANT to believe it's true. However, there's absolutely no evidence presented here, just a guy saying the raptor was cleaner.

"we just modified the ftp75 and substituted blower speed for vehicle speed" in other words, the blower turning at 80% was dirtier than the raptor turning at 15%? Is that what their saying? Well no shit.

"the raptor was actually cleaning the air in part of this test" cmon now. Like mentioned in the comments, does that mean the raptor was pulling in hydrocarbons in the bay from running the different engines and producing less than that at the tailpipe? Again, no shit.

Anyone who doesn't dismiss this as completely unsupported by evidence is crazy.

I'd still drive the poop out of a raptor though.

There's a few issues with your statement here. First off, each engine had it's tail-pipe secured to an evacuation pipe leading out of the chamber the vehicle was in. That's clearly evident in the video itself.

Second, it is just a video. Reported facts are going to be in paper document form, for which again in the video seems to be evident.

Now, that certainly doesn't mean that inside line couldn't lie about the findings or falsify documents.

But then, why would they? What gain would they have in this situation to post falsified results? That's Occam's Razor at work there.

You should definitely free think anything you see or read, but doubting something because you don't believe the outcome is just as bad.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Second, it is just a video. Reported facts are going to be in paper document form, for which again in the video seems to be evident.
Post that then.

Now, that certainly doesn't mean that inside line couldn't lie about the findings or falsify documents.

But then, why would they? What gain would they have in this situation to post falsified results? That's Occam's Razor at work there.
Your asking me why people lie? Lol.

You should definitely free think anything you see or read, but doubting something because you don't believe the outcome is just as bad.
So is believing it.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Post that then.

Your asking me why people lie? Lol.

So is believing it.

Check the full article from inside line. It's much more in-depth and should satisfy your curiosity. Be sure to also read the readers comments in regards to some of the skepticism you have, which is also addressed by the engineering editor for Inside line.

Emissions Test: Car vs. Truck vs. Leaf Blower

People lie for personal gain. What does inside line have to gain by lying about emissions testing from a large off-road truck vs a leaf blower and a car that doesn't compete anywhere near it's segment?

Again, Occam's Razor. All things being equal, the simplest answer tends to be the correct one.

Users who are viewing this thread