Rapid Ticking

PIXER

Banned
So I installed my new Brembo Rotors (cross dimpled and slotted) that I got new off ebay. I also painted my calipers, and installed Hawk Performance pads. My problem is that I am getting a ticking sound from the wheels/ brakes/ area near there. I can only hear the "ticking" when I am next to something. Such as a car or a curb/median. The noice only happens when I am moving. Yes I bled the brakes, and yes I used the "rear caliper piston retracting tool". I thought if I put some miles on them that it would go away, but such is not the case. What could it be and what could/should I do?
Thanks

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Sounds like something is hitting. I would take another look. See if you can duplicate it with the wheels jacked up. If not, I would look and see if the wheel isn't touching something. Sometimes the vehicle weight on the wheel is just enough to cause a tick. Also try taking the wheels off and use a couple of nuts to hold the rotors on and start the car and put it in gear to see if you can duplicate it. Shouldn't be that hard to find...and I'll bet it's a minor problem. But with brakes, YOU NEED TO BE SURE!

Users who are viewing this thread