Rant: blew off a really hard to get to Vacuum line Rave: Made it to the 10's

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
As some of you may know i went ahead and did a 3.4 whipple, stock longblock, e85, 23psi with a 3.5" pulley. Well i went to the track and my first pass i had my slicks air pressure WAY to high (16psi Hoosier QTP's.) First run was 12.9@84 because of how i was the shitty launch went and missing a gear....

Second pass set the tires down to 11psi, dumped the clutch at about 3500 and let her eat. Felt amazing, second gear felt great! Third gear...clutch is starting to slip up top, then all of 4th gear clutch was slipping. Still managed a 10.86@119. Here's the bad part, at the end of the run, the boost line that connects the boost bypass actuator to the bottom of the whipple blew off.....SON OF A B****....Well now i have to pull the damn thing off....NOT LOOKING FOWARD TO THAT lol and i'm going to replace my poor centerforce dfx clutch with a centerforce dyad

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Got the whipple pulled, ended up blowing the boost elbow off of the midplate where the boost bypass actuator connects.... what a pain, oh well, i pulled it off by myself in an hour and a half...that connection is now zip tied, and i am also going to make all my vacuum line connections like this.

pneumatic_fittings.png

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Why would you pick the rxt over the dyad? ive read great reviews of both. Im almost going for the the centerforce just because i there is no pivot ball shimming and the centerforce kit also comes with a new flywheel.

03cobraracer

Established Member
hopefully its better then the dfx, I had that for a few years and it was the worst clutch I ever had. Ive had a spec 3+ now for a while and love it.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
I loved my dfx with my ported eaton/e85 setup, went to the track with that and slicks, dumped the clutch at 5k and let her eat, she never gave me a bit of problems, but adding 100 ft lbs of torque....she didn't like that

Users who are viewing this thread