Rant about 18" wheels (widths)

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Just bored this afternoon and figured I'd rant a little and hope that someone chimes in that can explain this to me...

Why is it that wheels any wider than 10" are so hard to come by? AFS makes 03 Cobra wheels in 18x10.5, and some other company makes Saleen wheels in 18x10.5 in chrome only. Everything else is 18x10. Piles and piles of Vette replicas in 18x10.5 also. The only other way to go wider is to get out piles and piles of money and get custom made wheels.

Is it really that difficult to call up the Chinese manufacturer and say "Hey... Make these things in 18x10.5 and 18x11!!" I'm not sure how you'd write that in Chinese though.

With the number of us that like stuffing 315's and 335's under our cars I know that there'd be a market for them so what gives?

Rant off. I'm going to go back to cleaning house now since there's nothing else to do on a 25 degree Sunday with no snow.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I had my 18x9 saleens widened to 11 , problem solved :shrug:

Heck, I widened my oe wheels to 11 too :thumbsup:

Sent from Riddla's massive Johnson

Last edited:

Blk04Snake

Established Member
you can fit 315's on an 18x10 saleen rim

gotta pay to play

I had my 18x9 saleens widened to 11 , problem solved :shrug:

Heck, I widened my oe wheels to 11 too :thumbsup:

Sent from Riddla's massive Johnson

Widening the wheel scares me a little because there's really no room to go in any further. You would then have to counter by putting a 1" spacer behind the wheel (if you started with 18x10). Not really my cup of tea.

My rant is that you have wheels in the 500-600 range that are kinda sorta OK, you can spend a few hundred more and modify the wheel and rig the car to fit, but other than that a $2000+ jump to get to the next level. Why won't anyone enter the arena that can make some wider wheels at a little more appealing price. It's not like we are wanting to bolt them onto some super expensive exotic car.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I have an 1/8th spacer at the most on the saleens.,., I used an eibach 1" spacer on the oe's for years with zero issues .,.,

Blk04Snake

Established Member
I'd love to call him up immediately and order them. That thing called funds is what's lacking. Take me 6 times as long to save as it would for the typical replicas like I have.

I know what I want.. 18x9 and 18x11 Sleepers all matte black and black bolts. Last time I asked for quote $3600.

If the price of everything else would stop going thru the roof maybe I could scrape the funds together to get them. I could whip out plastic but I really really don't want to do that!

Users who are viewing this thread