Ranger School on Sunday...Any last advice?

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Heading to Ranger. Report on Sunday. Any advice from graduates?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You'll be fine as an O-1 as long as you can avoid injury (not to jinx you) and pass the ranger PT test.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
What are your PT scores?
I'd love to go but being in the AF it's nearly impossible to go.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
280. Ran my last 5 miler in 37. Last 12 miler in 2:52:00. Im far from PT stud but Im okayish. If you hear from me in less than 2 months, it didnt go well lol :bored:

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
good luck man! hang tough!

its mostly all mental, keep your handbook handy, and pay attention. youre going thru a very challenging school, but you can make it.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
280. Ran my last 5 miler in 37. Last 12 miler in 2:52:00. Im far from PT stud but Im okayish. If you hear from me in less than 2 months, it didnt go well lol :bored:

I have faith in ya. Just remember that other people are doing it, if they can you can. lol Let your stubborness and competitiveness take over when it sucks.
Good luck Lt

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
hope all is going well for you.. im stationed at benning.... welcome to the summer heat

Actually got hurt during RAP week. Tore some ligaments in my ankle so I got med dropped. Healing up now and hopefully can go back on 23JUNE if my ankle is healed. Youre right, its hot as balls here lol.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Actually got hurt during RAP week. Tore some ligaments in my ankle so I got med dropped. Healing up now and hopefully can go back on 23JUNE if my ankle is healed. Youre right, its hot as balls here lol.

Well look what you did Matts00GT. :cuss:

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Well look what you did Matts00GT. :cuss:

Lol yeah it sucks. I passed RPFT easily and got hurt during CWSA. My ankle was swollen and turned purple. Kept going on it till day 3 through Land Nav but the pain was too much after Malvesti. Went to medic prior to 12 miler. Im luckly its not worse though or else I wouldnt get a shot to go back.

img20130516105740962.jpg

^After I got home. Bruising had gone down some.

Last edited:

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Good luck. I got hurt on Darby queen, tore my labrum and rotator cuff so I got recycled but ended up needing surgery. Be careful and don't quit, its all a mind game. They will punish you physically and drain you mentally, you will be beyond exhausted at times, but its fun. Good old RTB, and good ol Dahlonaga, GA.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanx for paving the way oleschool!

Enjoy your retirement!:beer:

I had the last easy course. I think it was only 58 days back then. I remember wishing my foot would break because i was to stubborn to quit.

Users who are viewing this thread