Range Rover Sport Supercharged 5.0

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
I know this is a range rover topic in a mustang forum, but there arent many pepole on the RR forums.

Im wondering if any of you know if the motor in the RR is a coyote motor? If it is does anyone know whats different as far as intake and cam?

And what kind of supercharger is on the motor?

mjohns930

Established Member
It's a Jag motor. It's part of the AJ-V8 family. It's exact model, at least from 2009 on, is the AJ133.

Fun fact: the Lincoln LS V8 and Ford Thunderbird used an AJ-V8 based engine, the AJ30/AJ35.

So, no, not a Coyote.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
Why would a coyote be on RR? I believe ford sold rover way before they started producing the coyote.

I may be wrong but I thought ford owned range rover and then sold it to a company called Tata but that ford was still supplying the powertrain to jaguar and RR. So I thought when RR started getting the 5.0 in 2011 it was the same 5.0 in the mustang because it happened same year

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
I may be wrong but I thought ford owned range rover and then sold it to a company called Tata but that ford was still supplying the powertrain to jaguar and RR. So I thought when RR started getting the 5.0 in 2011 it was the same 5.0 in the mustang because it happened same year

This is all true and actually the RR Evoque uses a version of the EcoBoost 2.0 turbo in it. I am not surprised that somethings are still shared.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
They still use a number of Ford manufactured parts, but Jag and RR have their own line of engines that, I believe, were developed in conjunction with Ford, but not by Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread