ran with a C5 and Viper

cdh027

Established Member
I know it's not smart, but it made me feel like a kid again. I was cruising the I90 tollway earlier today and over my loudass exhuast I heard somthing come up behind me that sounded like a plane was about to land on top of me (convertible). A split second later, a brand new red Viper and blue C5 come flying past, so natually I had to join in the fun. We were all running up to about 140 and then ran into traffic. It was nice rush though, you gotta love these snakes. :beer:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
A viper and a c5 huh? Lucky you. The highest performance car I saw to day was a riced-out integra.:bored:

cdh027

Established Member
I caught up pretty quick with a dump into 3rd, but it was a lot weaving through some random traffic then we all put it down. I was riding there tails until we ran into more traffic around O'hare airport. The one glance I took at the speedo was about 140. It was definitely a big rush. I havent done that since I had my 92 Z28.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
We're lucky out here. I get a chance at least once a week to test morals with some big boys: Viper's, Ferrari's, even Lotus', not to mention our share of crotch rockets. Unfortunately, in most cases there's just too many friggin' people around to go WOT AO.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
It's easy to get stupid in these cars.
I had to school a beemer last week (thinking with my little head again). I glanced at the speedo when I was getting ready to shift into 6th...140...WTF...first time WOT through 5th...lifted immediately, car was so smooth and stable it just snuck up on me.
Beemer didn't want to play anymore though.

I gotta grow up!:bash:

Darcsun

Established Member
Fun isn't it. I live at a mile high, so the boosted Cobra does far better then the N/A rides/ I haven't got a C5 yet, but a Ferrari 360 went down, and a Viper would have... save for that damn shifter!

71stang99

Established Member
The only run in with a corvtette was against a late model C5, in the cars present configuration I smoked him, I had 1 run in with a guy in a Z06 and the guy was na ass, kept passing/slowing down and reving, did not race since I had my wife and kid in car, oh well there will be another day sometime

Users who are viewing this thread