Ran with a Bentley tonight

Redwing

Established Member
I was coming home tonight at about 9PM. I was on our highway #407, which is a toll road, with a speed limit of 100 KM (60 MPH). Except, the limit is rarely enforced, and most people (Including mothers in their mini-vans) run 130-140 KM (about 80-90mph). It was absolutely pissing rain, very heavily, and I was traveling at about 110 (65mph) when this silver thing flashed by me with a mile high roostertail, as if I was standing still. Well, what's a self respecting Terminator owner supposed to do. At 220 km (about 135mph), I backed off, because it was just too wet, and my new Khumos don't inspire confidence in the rain. The silver thing was still way ahead of me, but got bogged down in traffic. I caught him, and it turned out to be a brand new V-12 Bentley Continental GT. What a gorgeous car!. Here in Canada, it costs about $250,000 CDN.
Anyway, we both picked up speed (I wasn't racing, exactly), and we were side by side at 130 MPH. As it happens, we both got off at the same exit, and had to stop for the light. The driver waved and tipped his head to me, but when the light changed he was gone. And my tires just sat there and spun!

As much as I love my Cobra, I'd trade for a Bentley without a second's hesitation!
Steve

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by sam
your on the wrong forum.

You'd have to be a dumbass not to trade your cobra for a bentley if you had the opportunity. If I had a bentley, first place I'd go would be sonic or some shit. I'd pull up in my bentley, roll down the windows, let the cloud of smoke exit, order my food, pay for it, and leave the stupid car-hop NO TIP AT ALL!!!

Because you don't save up enough money for a bentley by tipping stupid car-hops.

rust0r

Established Member
ya, it was raining like crazy tonight, be careful next time :)

i wish i was up in toronto, im down in niagara falls, we need more car action like you guys got up there

ragshockey88

Established Member
yea remember a post back a few weeks ago about the guy who had a GT for about 6 months and was coming home one night i think in the rain and ended up flipping and totalling it.....i mean yea that sux that he destroyed his car but from those pix im still pondering how he is alive. when u hydroplain u know that u better cover up because unless u have amazing tires then ur cars is all mother natures

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
what? That's not true at all, you can get out of hydroplaning, although at 135 the odds aren't in your favour.
Anyways, I didn't know the Bentley CGT was out yet...

BenD

Established Member
We Cobra owners all have a responsibility to drive sensible on the Hwy, and save the racing for the track.

The Insurance Industry can all but eliminate these cars if carelessness and disregard for others prevail. Particularly you young guys really need to think twice before you accept a challenge from someone in a Vette, Viper, or any cpmpetitive car.

Just whip out the Local drag Strip schedule and tell 'em you'll meet 'em there on such, such a nite. That's what I do and they never do show up.

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
They are out I saw the same one twice a couple weeks ago here in Memphis. I saw him out in east memphis during the day then saw him cruising around the Beale street area that friday night. Very very sweet car. How long did it take you to reach 135 in the rain? If I gun the Lightning in the rain going about 60 the rears spin and start trying to turn the truck in a circle.

Users who are viewing this thread