Ran through a new C5 vette

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Our local regatta was recently and myself and two friends parked the mustang and walked around our little town because driving is impossble with the parade and all. Right after the parade ended,lo and behold a brand spankin new C5 black on black 'vert vette comes rolling slowly with traffic though town with the top down. I'm a car nut for anything with muscle so we start to holler at the guy that can't be 30 years old and the girl that might double as a playboy bunny and naturally they were uncoperative. Nothing I hate more than a dickhead. So we sprint back to the car and go after him and his overpriced 2 seater. We start to follow him towards Morgantown. After about a mile we to get the only passing lane for miles. We're both rolling in third and we both downshift at about the same time. Needless to say this thing puts about 1 or 2 car lengths on me to about 85 when we slow down again. I of course thought the youngster would have been happy to pull away from me like that but the unusually loud new Michael Jackson album drowning out his motor and overrated sound system seemed to really unnerve him. So we stayed in hot pursuit. After about 4 or 5 miles we get to the stoplights. I'm preparing to get in another lane,pull off and leave him alone but he motions me for another run so I stay in the lane next to him. This of course is where my car shines and his does not. I look over at him and him and the girl looked pissed but willing. My friends are of course heckling them unrelentlessly. I turn off my radio so I can hear the two cars. When the light hits green my car grips right away and he takes off from idle for some reason. I automatically assume he can't drive but we're pretty even. I hit second and chirp loudly,he shifts to second and not a sound. I have about half a car length now and I hit third and chirp loudly again. He starts to gain on me a little and when he reaches for third,grinding can be heard for miles. I'm gone. How embarassing. Not a kill in the least but it sure was fun. We catch a u-turn at the taco bell and head back to town to cach the last of the regatta. Pretty exciting stuff for us small towners. I'm still a big fan of corvettes but I'm a bigger fan of driving ability. Save your money. Buy a cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread