Ran slower with more mods-A6 2014 GT

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Went to Cecil sgmsp yesterday. Temp was 95 and elevation was 3100. With a 1.9 60' it ran 12.3 @ 114mph. Last outing the temp was prob 85 and elevation near 1000 or 1500 and it ran a 12.4 @ 113 with a 2.0 60'.

With the 12.4 run awhile back it only had a Lund tune, jlt cai, x pipe and axle back. Half tank gas, stock suspension on street tires. Stock a6 converter.

With the 12.3 run it now has Lund flex tune but on 93 with a splash of torco, lm 82 Tb, airaid cai, mild ported boss im, 3400 stall, cat delete, x pipe, axle back, bmr upper n lower arms n panhard bar, quarter tank of gas, spare tire removed, 275 nitto nt05r DR's. The 1.9 60' was me easing off the line.

I know the temp was hotter (though I would let it sit 30 mins with ice on the boss) and da doubled but it just doesn't sound right to me?? She runs strong when I drive it but track says different. Listening to the video it sounds like she goes slower when it hits 3rd. Vid not posted.

Lund wants me to go back and datalog but we will see when I can get off work again. I was expecting a little better times.

RR5.0

Established Member
I know there are a lot of people that love lund's tunes and there is a lot of success with him, but I gained SO much driveability and 45hp going to a real dyno tune from a local tuner. An email tune takes a lot to get dialed in, especially with that manifold and converter. Improper lockup, shift points, cam timing, etc could play a huge role.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I usually prefer going to a shop for a dyno tune. Looks like a road trip is in order.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I'm in Valdosta. Might go down to VMP and let Justin give a crack at it. Not to happy with pro dyno. Gave me the run around back in 2005.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
Track prep can make a huge difference. Ran 11.4 with a 1.7 on street tires one night repeatable. A few weeks later couldn't even muster a 12.3 with a 2.2 short time. No changes to the car. I couldn't give it half throttle before I would start pointing at the wall

5lho

Established Member
Anyone who can get better than 1.8 on the stock converter n/a is a goddamn miracle worker. I use nitrous to push through the low end softness from the weak stall. That does it.

I think you should have the tune looked at. My loaded '14 auto, all motor stock, did 12.4 at 113 best, on a sticky tire. You've got a lot of variables I don't have but, they should be working together better than they seem to be.

The 100 shot of spray I now use has dumped 8 tenths off my n/a and added 7+ mph so, motor seems healthy and is responding appropriately.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I actually got a 1.7 on one run but it broke loose for a sec on the 1-2 shift so I let up and got back in it. Ran 12.6 on that. With my mild mods that I use to have, then add just converter and DR's alone, I feel it should run a 11.9. But then throw in the suspension and boss im....def has to be tune related. I won't say who, prob see from previous threads, but when I added the stall, TB and 170 stat, I asked about a re-tune and data log. Was told that "it's already built in the tune, no need to data log or retune."

Also my tuner has my car shift at
7500rpms.

And usually on street tires I can usually do a 1.99-2.0 60' too.

I wanted to use the nitrous but when it kept running slow, I didn't think nitrous was the smartest thing to do. I've used nitrous on several stangs for the past 16 years but they have to be healthy first before the get the bottle.

I wrote Justin since I've dealt with him. Hopefully they have an opening before they shoot out to mustang week.

kingcobra323

Established Member
What are you airing the tires to? I used to run nt05r 275 40 17 at 18-20psi hooked a 1.63 60ft. Dial in that 60ft and u should see an 11.9 or so

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

clc44

Established Member
I'm mike Rousch tuned through an email tune. Shift points feel great! I still have to datalog the car for him. If I were running nitrous I would want it tuned on the dyno.

5lho

Established Member
Nitrous is fine on an email tune, as long as you aren't too greedy. I'd eyeball it around 125 where you really want to do some serious datalogging or dyno it. I have a 100 shot on a stock motor, BBR email tune and it's deads-nuts perfect, according to my datalogs. Perfect Lambda, a good amount of timing, well suited to 93 fuel and safe, good mph in the 1/4.

Users who are viewing this thread