Ran Pocono for the first time!

TREBlack02

My father and I took his CTS-V to Pocono this past weekend and had a blast. The Bimmer is getting some work done so we decided to spilt the runs in the new Caddy. The road course consisted of two really long straights, with nascar turn 1 in between, which really allowed us to open it up. Got it up to about 150 on the back straight after taking turn 1 at around 120. The infield was a lot of fun too with a nice hairpin and some hard turns. The V has a G meter in the car which read 1.17 to the left and 1.10 to the right after my run. The V is really an amazing car. Didn't think it would handle and brake as well as it did. I blew past just about everything in my group. I saw one 03 there in a different group, didn't know if he was on this site. I ran the track with a group called PDA. Going to Watkins Glen in October which should be a lot of fun. I figured for you Cobra guys, if they run the same setup again, it could be a lot of fun with the Cobra. My dad let the instructor drive once and coming out of turn 1 a newer Z28 that dynoed 340+ rwhp was about 2 cars in front and the V ended up passing him at around 145. Pretty cool to see the 4 door Caddy blowing by the Camaro. Anyways I had a blast and would suggest going to one of these events if you havn't already done so.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread