Ran out of fuel on the dyno...have some questions

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Had my car tuned last weekend, made 680rwhp at 19psi out of a Precision 7675, on e85.

Tuner said my Bosch 80#'s are maxed out, and my a1000 is right behind it, I run a -10 feed and -8 return, peak fuel pressure is right about 55psi. I wanted to post my results to kind of answer "what will my fuel system make" questions.

My question is this, my tuner recomended ID2000's and an Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump as my next step. My power goals are 750-800 in the future, and ID2000's seem to be a bit more than what I need, and the $2000 price tag isnt very nice either. To the same point, I was also told that 120# injectors have crap drive-ability.

Suggestions?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'd put a versafueler and some flow matched low impedance 120's or 160's on it and you will be good to go. Low impedance injectors provide better low speed driveability than these big high impedance injectors do. Acceleronics has very good package deals, looks like $649 for flow matched 120's and the injector driver. I run this driver box and we are just putting 160's in this week. Your tuner should have no problems getting these things to idle and drive.

Acceleronics VeraFueler order page

I'm not sure about your pump situation, I run a more 'stock' type setup with a modified Cobra pump hat and in-tank pumps. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that. Good luck!

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I'd put a versafueler and some flow matched low impedance 120's or 160's on it and you will be good to go. Low impedance injectors provide better low speed driveability than these big high impedance injectors do. Acceleronics has very good package deals, looks like $649 for flow matched 120's and the injector driver. I run this driver box and we are just putting 160's in this week. Your tuner should have no problems getting these things to idle and drive.

I'm not sure about your pump situation, I run a more 'stock' type setup with a modified Cobra pump hat and in-tank pumps. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that. Good luck!

Do they idle and start pretty easy? I noticed switching to 80's they are a bit more sloppy. Comparable to ID's?

Thanks for the input, I may go that route with the injectors.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
My 96'ers idle perfectly, but not sure on the 160's yet. Should know later this week. My guess the 120's would probably idle a little bit better, but there are always small compromises as the power goes up. The startup to this point has not been perfected, but their hasn't been enough time for my tuner to work on it because I wanted to get the larger injectors in there as we were at the edge on 96lb injectors. Your car sounds pretty awesome, look forward to hearing more about it. Good luck.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I'm in the same boat as u...I'm running 3 255's and frpp 80's w/ 50psi fuel pressure...duty cycle was 90% @18.psi....how much timing do you have? Nice #'s

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

I didn't think you could switch between low and high impedance injectors?

I forget which one but don't the injectors "burn out" or get excessively hot??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would get ID1000, or wait until the 1300's come out, which is the gap between the 2000's and 1000's obviously..

Also I would just skip the Aeromotive Eliminator pump and go right to a Weldon.. That's just me though.

iggster

Established Member

good advice here, I would also skip the aeromotive pumps, and get a magnafuel 4303 or a weldon pump, I also have some other advice ill give you through pm

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
80's aren't your problem. Kurgan has tuned several cars that make 4 digit hp with 80's from what he has told me. My car runs a big Weldon pump.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I didn't think you could switch between low and high impedance injectors?

I forget which one but don't the injectors "burn out" or get excessively hot??
What do mean 'switch'? No the injectors don't burn out or get hot, not sure where you heard that. Look at the faq section on acceleronics web site.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
we just made 945rwhp on E85 with 80s and a precision 76mm a few weeks ago.. have MULTIPLE cars that make well over 800rwhp on E85 with 80s and over 1000rwhp on race gas on 80s

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
we just made 945rwhp on E85 with 80s and a precision 76mm a few weeks ago.. have MULTIPLE cars that make well over 800rwhp on E85 with 80s and over 1000rwhp on race gas on 80s
Bob, I am certainly not going to question your tuning and experience with these cars, it certainly surpasses most, including mine. I know my 96'ers looked to be close to the end when we got to 23lbs and 915 uncorrected, which was well over 1000 corrected. I don't feel comfortable running injectors at 100% duty cycle. When I turn it up to 30psi, I wanted to be sure I had enough injector, so we went with the 160's. Now I don't have to worry....except now to worry about enough fuel pump lol.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Bob, I am certainly not going to question your tuning and experience with these cars, it certainly surpasses most, including mine. I know my 96'ers looked to be close to the end when we got to 23lbs and 915 uncorrected, which was well over 1000 corrected. I don't feel comfortable running injectors at 100% duty cycle. When I turn it up to 30psi, I wanted to be sure I had enough injector, so we went with the 160's. Now I don't have to worry....except now to worry about enough fuel pump lol.

none of the cars i tune leave on 100% DC... the car that made 945rwhp on e85/80s was backed down a little to about 920rwhp and was fine..

OP, you really need to look for another reputable tuner.. especially considering he wont mess with 120s either.. i have a bunch of california guys who run 120s with an a9l and e85 and pass emissions and have great drivability..

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Thanks for all the input.

I had it tuned at CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio. I've always had fantastic luck with them and they seem to have a great repuation, unless someone can say otherwise. I do know that they tune on the conservative side. My 80's were tapped out, he said, due to the car starting to leaning out up top.

I will look into the 120's and magnafuel.

Last edited:

Krs One

Established Member
My tuner said my 80lb injectors were at 96% duty cycle making 670 with a 2.2 KB on e85. I'm running Lethal Performance Fuel system.

Users who are viewing this thread