Ran out of fuel 6.0 PSD

coposrv

Established Member
Well I did it. I parked the truck last night with 40 miles till empty. I remote started it this morning and let it idle for 10-15 minutes. I got in an drove about 2-3 miles and the meter showed 18 miles to empty. Truck started jerking a little bit so I turned around ( station wasn't open at 0415). Parked the truck and took the GFs car. What do you think? I tried to save it by getting it to a safe spot and shutting down ASAP. I'm sure it's a combo of gelled fuel and nearly running out. Think I can add 5-6 gallons tonite and get to a fuel station? Or let it sit untill Sunday so I can change fuel filters and blew the air.

coposrv

Established Member
Only audible difference in the truck was the when I was losing power every 5-10 seconds. I got into the driveway and shut it down. It didn't stall. The pump sounded just like normal.

coposrv

Established Member
So just got back home added about 8 gallons and she fired right up. I was fearing a long night in the cold trying to purge the fuel system of air. Got lucky.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The lie-o-meter doesn't lie regarding how much mileage you have. I've taken mine low and when you get to about 10 miles left she starts jerking to let you know. i think its the truck cutting back on power to let you know you don't have far. I've done that I think twice and I haven't had any issues.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Plus you only have 1 gallon swishing around in the bottom of the big tank and your sucking in air and all the sediments in the bottom of your tank.

Users who are viewing this thread