Ran my Coyote 5.0 on the opening day at the track

okc12silvergt

Established Member
Went today to the track not really expecting to race as I was on my 235/50/18 street tires. Pirelli P Zero tires. Ended up running a best of [email protected]. Not bad I don't think considering it was the opening day which is gonna have bad prep as no one has laid down any rubber. They scrape the track at the end of year. Also that I am manual car on a skinny ass 235 wide tire. I know people are gonna say well I ran my stock 5.0 to this time blah blah blah. The DA BTW was around 2000 so not the best air. Last year the best I could do on motor was 13.0.

I added BMR LCA's and a revised datalogged tune from a Bama tuner. Car feels a lot better on the street and man LCA's are no joke on these cars. Made a world of difference. Best mod you can do for these no doubt. absolutely no wheel hop now. Cant wait to go back out on a radial or slick. My mods are Boss intake, CAI, full exhaust, custom datalogged Bama tune. My 60' on my 12.71 run was 2.1. All other runs my 60 fts were 2.2-2.3 just horrible. I am learning a lot about driving with this car.Last year the car went 12.3@115 on DR's with the same mods with boss intake. It had horrible wheel hop. I should be able to crack off that 11.9X pass I want all motor once I get some radials and diffently with a TB and/or an E85 tune which will be coming next.

goat-ee

Established Member
Went today to the track not really expecting to race as I was on my 235/50/18 street tires. Pirelli P Zero tires. Ended up running a best of [email protected]. Not bad I don't think considering it was the opening day which is gonna have bad prep as no one has laid down any rubber. They scrape the track at the end of year. Also that I am manual car on a skinny ass 235 wide tire. I know people are gonna say well I ran my stock 5.0 to this time blah blah blah. The DA BTW was around 2000 so not the best air. Last year the best I could do on motor was 13.0.

I added BMR LCA's and a revised datalogged tune from a Bama tuner. Car feels a lot better on the street and man LCA's are no joke on these cars. Made a world of difference. Best mod you can do for these no doubt. absolutely no wheel hop now. Cant wait to go back out on a radial or slick. My mods are Boss intake, CAI, full exhaust, custom datalogged Bama tune. My 60' on my 12.71 run was 2.1. All other runs my 60 fts were 2.2-2.3 just horrible. I am learning a lot about driving with this car.Last year the car went 12.3@115 on DR's with the same mods with boss intake. It had horrible wheel hop. I should be able to crack off that 11.9X pass I want all motor once I get some radials and diffently with a TB and/or an E85 tune which will be coming next.

MPH seems low for the mods. Have you considered a different tuner? I have personally had a Bama tune and I have had a Kool-AED tune. Really no comparison between the 2 at all. I'm not saying that the Bama tune isn't ok, because it probably is. But I will say this this, and this is not an exaggeration on my part, there is as much difference between the AED tune and the Bama tune, as there is between the Bama tune and the stock tune!!

Either way though, those are good runs on the sucky, stock 235's!!

NitrousExpress

Established Member

Thunder Valley? I was there last weekend, had a pretty good time!

-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread