Ran at Putnam Park road course yesterday

03CobraBro

Established Member
It was a blast even though it was raining. There were more cars there than just Mustangs. I made pretty good friends with a 350Z and a Z06 owner. Really friendly crowd out there.

I never got passed once but there wasnt a whole lot of compatition in my class... Most notable cars in my class were a 94/95 Cobra, 350Z, Audi A4, BMW 725I, and a Bullit. To my surprise I was actually catching alot of those guys in the curves rather than the straights. The hardest car to run down was that Audi though. With it raining and him having AWD he could basically just push it to the floor comming out of turn 9 into the main stretch, I managed to catch up to him towards the end of the straight (doing about 110) and hung with him all the way back around the course till he let me pass when we got back to the straight. I couldnt give the car all it had in the straight though. I thought since I had trouble catching him I could just go to 3rd (I kept it in 4th almost the whole way around the track) and blow around him but when I went to take off in 3rd it spun like a bro. Anyway had alot of fun, I thought about driving today but I was too exhausted... Next year im going to sign up for both days.

Ill get some pictures and a video up here pretty soon. No videos from the cockpit but there are a few good ones of me passing by the flagmans tower.

There were supposed to be a few vipers and ferraris there but I think they chickened out cause of the rain.

There was a GT40 there, EVOVIII and a handful of 911 Turbo's. They were in the more experienced classes though.

Last edited:

TruckerPhoenix

Established Member
I've been to putnam a couple times, never ran tho. Hoping to be able to take the cobra out that way next summer for some fun. Maybe even take the bike out there if I get a wild hair up my ass.

Sounds like you were in some nice company tho, did the cobra show 'em what's up? :D

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by TruckerPhoenix
I've been to putnam a couple times, never ran tho. Hoping to be able to take the cobra out that way next summer for some fun. Maybe even take the bike out there if I get a wild hair up my ass.

Sounds like you were in some nice company tho, did the cobra show 'em what's up? :D

Yeah, everyone out there was really friendly. Got along with everyone, gained a new found respect for the 350Z (one of em that was in the more experienced class) and that S2000.

I would have kind of like to have seen how I stacked up against those mid 90's 911 turbos, but I'd imagine as fast as those guys were bookin down the front stretch, not to mention they were in the expert class, I would have easily been smited.

As far as my car is concerned I was the only 03 Cobra there, there was a guy with a very sharp white 01 Cobra that was mostly stock but he was hauling pretty good. The guy with the 01 Cobra actually works for Rolls Royce. I didnt think that EVOVIII looked any quicker than Jeff's 01 Cobra (the Rolls Royce guy) down the front stretch but, ya know looking and actually experiencing are 2 different things and I would imagine the with it raining that EVO was having just as easy a time as that Audi I mentioned was as far as traction is concerned.

Anyway they let my dad up into the flagmans tower that over hangs the front stretch to snap some shots and he said when I went by one of the flagman said "Whow, what car was that?" and the other guy said "Oh, its one of those 03 Cobras, those things are awsome as hell" hehe :). So the car did make an impression.

Anyway that Jeff told me he's raced his bike there before too. I guess different groups have different weekends reserved, I would assume there are bike clubs that host em every now and then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread