Ran a ZR1 Yesterday.....

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I'm a little disappointed.... First of all, no I didn't get a vid... next time for sure!

We went from about 40-140ish I would guess. We both started in 2nd... I spun my tires as hit the rev limiter and he had good traction. Anyway, on the hit, he pulled about a car because of the traction issues, but after that point, it was pretty much a dead heat. I would of figured that my 100 extra RWHP would make up for the 500-600 lb weight disadvantage and I would pull on him a little, not the case.

I have 3.31 gears going in instead of the 3.73s and a one piece drive shaft. I'll go try it again at that point, where traction isn't an issues for me, and make sure to video it! ZR1 is a badass machine and noone should ever take them lightly!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, fortunately he is a friend of mine, so messin around can happen pretty much anytime. I knew they were badass machines, just didn't know they were quite that badass.....lol

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I'm a little disappointed.... First of all, no I didn't get a vid... next time for sure!

We went from about 40-140ish I would guess. We both started in 2nd... I spun my tires as hit the rev limiter and he had good traction. Anyway, on the hit, he pulled about a car because of the traction issues, but after that point, it was pretty much a dead heat. I would of figured that my 100 extra RWHP would make up for the 500-600 lb weight disadvantage and I would pull on him a little, not the case.

I have 3.31 gears going in instead of the 3.73s and a one piece drive shaft. I'll go try it again at that point, where traction isn't an issues for me, and make sure to video it! ZR1 is a badass machine and noone should ever take them lightly!

good run Scott. Was this before or after the block party? Was a good time in Golden. You guys sounded great:beer:

trakit

Established Member
SAMBANDIT how did you get 670 RWHP out of a roush system?? I am looking into the same pacakge and they claim about 580 to the tires? I would love to make over 650 to the ground safely!

Bud

Established Member
That is a lot of weight disadvantage to overcome, and 140'ish? you got balls

Hopefully the gears and driveshaft do some good an the traction issue isn't so harsh with the 3.31's

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
good run Scott. Was this before or after the block party? Was a good time in Golden. You guys sounded great:beer:
Thanks brother, this was during the day before that.....lol
SAMBANDIT how did you get 670 RWHP out of a roush system?? I am looking into the same pacakge and they claim about 580 to the tires? I would love to make over 650 to the ground safely!
Mods are 69mm pulley, JLT Big Air CAI, Ford Racing TB, VMP tune, Kooks LT headers and catted H.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
You trypically need ~150 more whp to pull have Z06/ZR1 due to the weight, aero, and gearing. It seems crazy but that that is just how it is, which is why the 2013 gt500s and Z06 are pretty dman close stock.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
You trypically need ~150 more whp to pull have Z06/ZR1 due to the weight, aero, and gearing. It seems crazy but that that is just how it is, which is why the 2013 gt500s and Z06 are pretty dman close stock.

Yep, weight is huge. I thought I read a ZR1 will pull 4-5 cars on a Z06 is this kind of race, so I'm pretty sure I have a Z06 covered.... Not so much with the big boy ZR1 though.....

Users who are viewing this thread