Ran a Vortech built motor 2V, nitrous 5.0, turbo RSX, etc.

HandBanana

Established Member
Preface: There IS a video, but the kid with the 2v had the camera and he won't post it.

Why must there be drama in the car scene? This kid with a V2 Vortech'd New Edge 2V with a built bottom end has been running his mouth to everyone he comes across that he walks Cobras, pulled a built, nitrous 3v, put a bumper on a blown C5 Z06 blah blah blah...nonstop bullshit. Yet every time he shows up to a meet and people call him out, he has a stream of excuses ready and won't run because "my parents don't like me street racing". Well a local shop had an end of the season meet yesterday and it ended up being a nice turnout of about 200 cars and at end of the meet this kid rolls in with some fan boys in Civics and everyone swarms him to call him on his BS.

He agrees to a race miraculously with a bolt-on, E85, 150 shot 5.0 and his friend with a 6262 built RSX. We are all laughing because we know how bad he's going to get walked and I decide to go out and watch. The 5.0, RSX, 2v and I line up on a 5 lane highway in Mexico at 40mph and the kid in the 2v honks it off and guns it on the second honk. The RSX spins like crazy, the 5.0 as well, I grab immediately and pull on all three cars. When I grab 3rd, the nitrous 5.0 gets traction and yanks past me, the RSX is gripping now but still lagging behind me, and the 2V is nowhere in sight despite getting the jump. 5.0 shuts down, so do i and the RSX but the 2v stays in it and does a fly by. Race ended up like this: 40-140 5.0 had 4 cars on me, I had 2 two cars on the RSX and the 2V was several buses behind.

We pull over to talk and find out the RSX was on low boost, 11 psi to his usual 20 and the 5.0 is knocking :(. Turned out to be a loose pulley on the 5.0, so that was a relief. Kid in the 2v pulls in and swears up and down that he was pulling back on us up top and we let out of it because he was coming :rolleyes:. We laugh him off but he continues to circle the group and try to provoke me to run him again because he claims his gearing (4.10s) will help him pull me from a 2nd gear roll again... For reference, his car put down 320whp on a Mustang dyno, mine made 430whp on the same dyno. He is still running his mouth all over facebook and our local car group page. Some people never learn.

Aces V

Established Member
Wtf is that guy thinking! 320 is nothing in todays world. My wifes acura would hive him a good run lol.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
ummm hes lieing about his mods then a a built 2 valve and blower even on a 2 valve gt is a 400-500rwhp car, 320rwhp maybe with a built 2 valve on motor alone he doesnt have a built motor, its either stock 2 valve with a blower on 6 - to 8 psi or rebuilt heads cam n/a 2 valve on motor alone to make around 320rwhp..

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill, but I wouldn't brag about it cause obviously the kid doesn't know what's done to his car.

Aces V

Established Member
ummm hes lieing about his mods then a a built 2 valve and blower even on a 2 valve gt is a 400-500rwhp car, 320rwhp maybe with a built 2 valve on motor alone he doesnt have a built motor, its either stock 2 valve with a blower on 6 - to 8 psi or rebuilt heads cam n/a 2 valve on motor alone to make around 320rwhp..
Could have npi heads.

Jmurrz

Established Member

Around here, that is the game. Everyone somehow makes less than 400 RWHP :rollseyes

HandBanana

Established Member
Good kill, but I wouldn't brag about it cause obviously the kid doesn't know what's done to his car.

Yeah, just shutting the kid up for a few weeks was good enough for me. His car definitely hauls the mail, I was shot gun for a run he had with a 2014 5.0 with midpipe, catback and tune and the 2v pulled a half car every time on the 5.bro.

Clemson

Established Member
Not sure where youre getting your numbers from boss. Just having a "built motor" doesnt add anything in and of itself. 500 wheel means youve gotten yourself about 400 crank horse from somewhere. Just a blower isnt gonna cut it. Those 2V cars are turds.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not sure where youre getting your numbers from boss. Just having a "built motor" doesnt add anything in and of itself. 500 wheel means youve gotten yourself about 400 crank horse from somewhere. Just a blower isnt gonna cut it. Those 2V cars are turds.

Yeah but who in their right mind builds a motor to make stock motor power :rolleyes:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yeah, just shutting the kid up for a few weeks was good enough for me. His car definitely hauls the mail, I was shot gun for a run he had with a 2014 5.0 with midpipe, catback and tune and the 2v pulled a half car every time on the 5.bro.

If your car makes 430 to the wheels and you bus lengthed him, how is he pulling a half a car on another 5.0 that should be around the same power level? Sounds a bit odd.

Trust me a 2v can surprise a bolt on coyote, I put 2 car lengths on a modded 2012 that claimed he was making 410rwhp lol But if the kid says he's only making 320 to the wheels he's either lying or something is wrong with his car lol

04YellowGT

Established Member
Good run man!

For all the guys saying 2vs don't run my 04 sure hurt a lot of feelings. Built motor, blower cams, on stock heads and T-Trim pushing 11-12 psi with 4.10s and 3200 stall went 10.8s at 128 with a 1.8 60ft on bone stock suspension. Before the stall and with an S-Trim it went 11.6s at 120 with a 2.1 60ft. That car from a roll was a beast.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member

You need to race more properly equipped 2V's. Its seems you haven't got your fill yet. Now that these cars are becoming dirt cheap your going to see a TON more sleepers on the road and with people keep thinking there "turds" are in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:

FortLewisCobra

Established Member

Holy thread revival batman.

Users who are viewing this thread