Ran a new best

Jersey_TA

Established Member
I went down to atco back in april to test out some different launching techniques to see which way has the least/no rpm hang. Since it was gamblers I only got 2 decent runs in.

First run off the street(launched at 1500 rpms) - slight rpm hang
R/T: .020
60: 1.618
1/8: 7.403 @ 94.63
1/4: 11.563 @ 118.72
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n81/Jersey_TA/?action=view&current=Me117.flv

and now for my new best!!!!!

1 hour cool down(launched off idle) No rpm hang YEESSSSSS!!!!
R/T: -.035
60: 1.537
1/8: 7.081 @ 96.19
1/4: 11.190 @ 119.79
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n81/Jersey_TA/?action=view&current=Me1119.flv

On the return lane after my new best I couldn't stop smiling :rockon: I was so freaking excited!!!!!

Mods are Heads/cam, intake/exhaust, gears, 4400 stall, built trans/rear, suspension, slight wieght reduction. I can't wait to use the Trans brake this fall. I want a 1.4xx 60 foot BADLY:coolman:

Jersey_TA

Established Member
03AV8R said:
What the heck is RPM Hang?? Sounds like your car has an STD or a leaking T/B?? :D

it's like flooring it and the car taking off like it's part throttle, then going WOT. It's wierd. You would like I have a throttle stop in my car sometimes lol.

cobra-info

Established Member
Nice Runs! I gotta laugh bieng a former 03 Cobra owner I'd always have my tail between my legs with a nasty sounding head/cam pkg WS6, Camaro with slicks & skinnies (open headers) they just look & sound intimidating. Race tracks open & these things come out of the woodwork like an army. I always wondered wheres the Cobra running into the 6.60's or better to take all of these bow tie boys out. Good runs none the less!

Last edited:

Jersey_TA

Established Member
cobra-info said:
Nice Runs! I gotta laugh bieng a former 03 Cobra owner I'd always have my tail between my legs with a nasty sounding head/cam pkg WS6, Camaro with slicks & skinnies (open headers) they just look & sound intimidating. Race tracks open & these things come out of the woodwork like an army. I always wondered wheres the Cobra running into the 6.60's or better to take all of these bow tie boys out. Good runs none the less!

Thanks lol. I went to the track last night and there were a crap load of mustangs out there running. The 8.50 index class was running too(1/4 mile) :drool:

OdessitPashka

Established Member
Low 11's with no launch! That's crazy man! How much power are you putting down?

Now imagine stalling this baby to whatever you can 3-4k and adding 100 shot on top of that! You'll be in 9's!!!!

Jersey_TA

Established Member
OdessitPashka said:
Low 11's with no launch! That's crazy man! How much power are you putting down?

Now imagine stalling this baby to whatever you can 3-4k and adding 100 shot on top of that! You'll be in 9's!!!!

Thanks. For some reason everytime I try to stall it up I get a wierd rpm hang(hesitation). I'm hoping when I try to launch off the trans brake at 4400 or so rpms that it will fix that problem lol.

I put down 445 hp/429 tq last year. Haven't dynoed it since I slapped on the FAST 90/90 intake/tb and the TSP duals dumped before the rear. I'm hoping for 455/435. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread