Ran a Bullitt.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
Of course, the day I have my stock intake back on a run into someone who wants to go. I took my car in for service today so I had the stock intake and tune on and I got a run with a Bullitt on the way home. We went from about 35. I took off and we were neck and neck. He missed third and lost a half a car and we stayed that way until we shut down about 100. I dont know what was done to his car except an exhaust. I know it sounded really good. What is the deal with those cars. Is it just an appearance package or is there any performance mods?

Last edited:

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
It had a different exaust from the factory. As well as a different intake and U/D pullies I think....side moldings gone, wingless deck. Thats all I can remember.

Chrome_GT

Established Member
Its pretty much a special edition 2v GT, rated at 265 compaired to the GTs 260.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Everything I have read says 270....but you get the idea. The upper intake and Catback was different. There was something diff. about the TB too. Maybe Oval instead of the traditional GT round?..can't recall right now. THe rest is suspension, brakes and ccosmetics. He wasn't stock to hang that well, or he was that much of a good driver.

MattP 343

Established Member
Yeah, just about what everyone else said...Foglight delete, different cpillar, different interior and gauges, good suspension package, upgraded brakes (Same as Cobra), Fuel Door, Spoiler Delete, Different intake manifold which was good for around 10-15 BHP, and slightly modified exhaust which with rolled tips. I think thats about it?

BTW I love the clear corners, they look killer on Torch Red...I might have to steal your idea :)

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
There was yet again another special edition Mustang of sorts, and it had a retro name. Having been named after the movie that put the 1968 Mustang on the map, the 2001 Bullitt Mustang was a trim package added to the GT. The 1968 Mustang featured in the movie was Highland Green, so the Bullitt package was the only one offering that color in 2001, but the Bullitt was also offered in Black and True Blue (although the True Blue Bullitts were the most rare). Along with the unique green paint, the Bullitt also came with an exterior upgrade package which included a blacked-out corral (around the pony) red brake calipers with a Mustang emblem, flush side ducts, and a brushed aluminum race-style fuel door. Also, the Bullitt had a spoiler and fog lamp delete. The interior also got some upgrades with more comfortable seats, gauges with 1960s Ford style font, and aluminum accents on the shifter and shifter trim ring, as well as the door lock buttons and the engraved aluminum BULLITT door sill plates. The only performance enhancement was the air intake system which was slightly altered compared to the regular GT intake, and that Bullitt intake resulted in 5 extra horsepower.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
THanks guys. I will agree the he had to be modded to hang like he did. It was a very strong car.

Matt, thanks. Check ebay. You can get the corners cheap and check with Chris Nelson in the Lightning forums for the stealth bulbs. They really set off the front of the car though.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
so your car was bone stock when you ran him? I know im pushing around what a stock bullittwould be pushing (maybe a tad more) and i outran the last 05+ GT (friends g/f's car) but it was an auto also, this was also from a dig if that makes any difference

redcreep1

Established Member
Ford should've thrown MORE into the engine than cosmetics. I've seen maybe one here in town and they look good. Clear corners do look good on a Torched car too!

Mystic03

Established Member
wernt the bullits suppose to come supercharged from the factory untill they started plans for the 03/04 cobra?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
There was yet again another special edition Mustang of sorts, and it had a retro name. Having been named after the movie that put the 1968 Mustang on the map, the 2001 Bullitt Mustang was a trim package added to the GT. The 1968 Mustang featured in the movie was Highland Green, so the Bullitt package was the only one offering that color in 2001, but the Bullitt was also offered in Black and True Blue (although the True Blue Bullitts were the most rare). Along with the unique green paint, the Bullitt also came with an exterior upgrade package which included a blacked-out corral (around the pony) red brake calipers with a Mustang emblem, flush side ducts, and a brushed aluminum race-style fuel door. Also, the Bullitt had a spoiler and fog lamp delete. The interior also got some upgrades with more comfortable seats, gauges with 1960s Ford style font, and aluminum accents on the shifter and shifter trim ring, as well as the door lock buttons and the engraved aluminum BULLITT door sill plates. The only performance enhancement was the air intake system which was slightly altered compared to the regular GT intake, and that Bullitt intake resulted in 5 extra horsepower.

That is all correct....:beer:

With the exception of the last part.....they had a different Upper intake and catback (polished stainless steel).

EDIT: http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/reviews/2001/russ0127.html <--- here is a list (under performance) of what all was changed. Not sure how they got the 5 extra HP, but the TB and intake changes change in TQ...it looks like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread