Ran a 2000 Cobra R at the track...

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
ME: Stock, on street tires.
HIM: 88mm turbo, full cage etc. on road race slicks. 750rwhp apparently.

Guess who won?! I don't even care, because it was just awesome to run against him. But he couldn't hook until just before the 1/8th. Then he just flew by me.

I was obviously on the left, number 52. I was running those numbers pretty consistently. Also ended up running this guy that lives on my floor, in his new V6 Camaro and ended up beating him by .1 sec every time. I was happy to see that.

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
That was the one problem I had with mine--tough to keep the tires from spinning--but boy was that fun..haha

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I hope to get more pics of his in a couple weeks. He told me he would be at Firebird again for a school or something, I'll be sure to post up engine pic at least. It was too dark tonight for my phone.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
92 trap at 15.3 for you stock, is that the fox in your avatar? Nice find coming across that. Hell of a nice trap for an ok time on his behalf.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Yeah what in the world is up with that?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
92 trap at 15.3 for you stock, is that the fox in your avatar? Nice find coming across that. Hell of a nice trap for an ok time on his behalf.

Yes, that's my fox in my avatar. My best time of the night was a 15.028 @ 91.46. And he was REALLY moving out at the end of the run. I don't doubt he had the 750rwhp.

Lol @ a 13.8 with all that power.

Sent from my phone (no "i" needed).

^ Yeah what in the world is up with that?

See OP, he didn't get traction until about the 1/8th mile. He was behind me until just before the 1/8th.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
like the OP said he must def. be having hooking issues because i can cut a better 60 ft. time with half the HP...tell that man to get mickeys or something lol

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yes, that's my fox in my avatar. My best time of the night was a 15.028 @ 91.46. And he was REALLY moving out at the end of the run. I don't doubt he had the 750rwhp.

How stock is your car? Have you taken the silencer out of the airbox, bumped timing to 14-15 degrees. Another trick is a shorter belt to bypass the p/s. I've had several foxes and the slowest stockers were an 85 GT 14.44, and an 90 vert 14.53. Both were 5speeds with 2.73 gears. Bypassing the p/s was worth .2ths on each of them.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
How stock is your car? Have you taken the silencer out of the airbox, bumped timing to 14-15 degrees. Another trick is a shorter belt to bypass the p/s. I've had several foxes and the slowest stockers were an 85 GT 14.44, and an 90 vert 14.53. Both were 5speeds with 2.73 gears. Bypassing the p/s was worth .2ths on each of them.

Silencer is out, timing is normal, full length serpentine. Right now I am having timing problems though, so it runs kind of rough. Can't pinpoint that right now. My tires are kind of funny too, the sidewalls are pretty stiff so I can't drop pressures like I could on my old tires. Other than that, it's got 135k miles on it, so some parts are going to be worn out. I'd love to get going faster though.

Your numbers sound odd though because all the guys I've talked to say I should be in the 15.3-15.5 range. When I raced in Oregon I was getting consistent 15.0 times. There was another fox vert there the other night though, also stock, running the AOD with 16.0's apparently. He left about halfway through.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Silencer is out, timing is normal, full length serpentine. Right now I am having timing problems though, so it runs kind of rough. Can't pinpoint that right now. My tires are kind of funny too, the sidewalls are pretty stiff so I can't drop pressures like I could on my old tires. Other than that, it's got 135k miles on it, so some parts are going to be worn out. I'd love to get going faster though.

Your numbers sound odd though because all the guys I've talked to say I should be in the 15.3-15.5 range. When I raced in Oregon I was getting consistent 15.0 times. There was another fox vert there the other night though, also stock, running the AOD with 16.0's apparently. He left about halfway through.

What's your DA? that has some to do with it. The 14.4 in the 85gt, was showroom stock except a K&N replacement filter. Never touched the timing and still going through the false dual exhaust.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice death snaked! I remember you from the cruise ha. I didn't think you were gonna mod that foxbody? The mod bug is starting to hit huh? haha.

On a side not that's one slow R! I've seen it before at the pavilions; it's really nice and yeah it has that single turbo. But it's usually on street tires. It runs pretty slow for what it is.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member

when my fox was stock with an aod lx with a cold air intake and a flowmaster cat back and it would run 14.6s all day long id say something is up. a cat back and a cold air kit shouldn't affect it that much mph was like 90

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
What's your DA? that has some to do with it. The 14.4 in the 85gt, was showroom stock except a K&N replacement filter. Never touched the timing and still going through the false dual exhaust.

DA... Density Altitude? It was about 1200 that night if I recall. And I would bet that run happened when the car was pretty new, am I right?

Nice death snaked! I remember you from the cruise ha. I didn't think you were gonna mod that foxbody? The mod bug is starting to hit huh? haha.

On a side not that's one slow R! I've seen it before at the pavilions; it's really nice and yeah it has that single turbo. But it's usually on street tires. It runs pretty slow for what it is.

Thanks man. I haven't seen you around for a while, we might have to set another cruise up soon. I haven't modded the fox yet though. However If I do mod a fox, I'll sell the vert and get a notch. :burnout:

when my fox was stock with an aod lx with a cold air intake and a flowmaster cat back and it would run 14.6s all day long id say something is up. a cat back and a cold air kit shouldn't affect it that much mph was like 90

You were getting 14.6's @ 90ish? Maybe I just suck at driving. :D

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
DA... Density Altitude? It was about 1200 that night if I recall. And I would bet that run happened when the car was pretty new, am I right?

Thanks man. I haven't seen you around for a while, we might have to set another cruise up soon. I haven't modded the fox yet though. However If I do mod a fox, I'll sell the vert and get a notch. :burnout:

You were getting 14.6's @ 90ish? Maybe I just suck at driving. :D

lol im not pro it was an auto i did have weld wheels though but they had street tires on so i guess that could've taken a tenth or two off depending on what wheel you were running. they weren't skinnies tho

Users who are viewing this thread