Ran a 12.7 in the Mach...

Epikmach

Established Member
So I finally got the Mach out to the track on wednesday (6/9/10) for the 1st time since I have had my mods & had the heads rebuilt...

Here are the results... Not bad for a noob I guess LOL...

I am pretty pleased with the results for my 1st time out. I am a little disappointed with the trap speed, but the E/T I am happy with. I do need to work on the 60 ft though, but IMO its not too bad, especially for having stiff road race oriented suspension with no weight transfer. Each run got progressivly better as time went on... The tires were M/T Slicks, & all the runs were on a mild 21 degree tune with the knock sensors on BTW... Next time out, I will run my race tune with 100 octane.

017.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Still need to work on my burnout, & get my shift points right, but I am overall pleased with my 1st outing...

I posted this in the time slip bar, but it seems if you don't have a KB or Whipple'd Cobra, you get no love in that section LOL...

Last edited:

Epikmach

Established Member
Here is crappy vid my buddy got from his camera phone. Too bad he only got the run when I missed 2nd, but I think this was my best, & highest RPM launch of the night.... Please excuse his language LOL... Hopefully I will have vids up of the good runs.

YouTube - DOHComeseeme's Channel

EVO-lution

Established Member
Thanks...

Thanks. I figured I couldn't be doing too bad if I pulled a 12.9 on my 1st pass. have you ran your Mach yet? I wan't your wheels:D

damn first pass was a 12.9? that means she has sooooo much more potential. ANd yea I ran my mach a couple times....just not on the track:rolling: hahaha thanx for the wheel compliment too man. even though they slowed my spending process hahaha

Epikmach

Established Member
damn first pass was a 12.9? that means she has sooooo much more potential. ANd yea I ran my mach a couple times....just not on the track:rolling: hahaha thanx for the wheel compliment too man. even though they slowed my spending process hahaha

Yeah, she definitely has A LOT more in her. I think if I could've got a few more runs in that night, I could've squeezed a 12.5 out. Next time out, I will be running my more aggressive tune with the knock sensors off & more timing. I hope to see few more mph with that tune. The current tune is EXTREMELY conservative, & I think the knock sensors are pulling timing up top? But I am still learning, so I think the biggest difference will come with me getting better at launching & getting my shift points down.

This is definitely a far cry from what I ran when I took the Mach out last time 2 or so years ago. Back then the car only had a high flow catted H pipe, catback, & C&L intake, & I ran a measly 13.78 @102 with a 2.2 sixty ft on street tires.:nonono:

But, yeah, the CCW's look perfect on your car. Not trying to copy you, but I plan on getting the exact same setup hopefully later this year. I wanted a set of TF Mach 5's for the Mach, but Mach 1's need aggressive looking wheels, & CCW's have that look to them...

BTW, here is how the mach looked with the pro star knock off's....

014.jpg

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
wow those prostar knock offs still look good. I love them. And frankly IMO, I think the silver FR-500's and Anthracite colors are the best looking.

Users who are viewing this thread