Ram twin disc fail 700 rwhp tvs

mtang43050

Established Member
Ram twin disc after 1200 miles of use.I am very disappointed with this clutch...hopefully the McLeod rxt will take the power after the 500 mile break-in.

0816141204.jpg0816141204a.jpg0816141205.jpg0816141204b.jpg

mtang43050

Established Member
I purchased the car with the mods and the clutch installed.Hopefully it wasn't broken in properly.I didn't see anything wrong when I installed the rxt and couldn't believe it when I removed the ram twin disc... thinking it would have the stock clutch in it.I hope I don't have the same issue with the rxt...fingers crossed.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I purchased the car with the mods and the clutch installed.Hopefully it wasn't broken in properly.I didn't see anything wrong when I installed the rxt and couldn't believe it when I removed the ram twin disc... thinking it would have the stock clutch in it.I hope I don't have the same issue with the rxt...fingers crossed.

I have a RXT 1000 with Steel Flywheel in mine...and I make a shit ton of power...love it. Ram clutches are garbage anyways. ...Mcleod are the shit for these cars. I blew up a Spec P trim in less than 1000 miles last year mostly due to the fact it had a aluminum flywheel, these heavy cars need inertia (steel flywheel).

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member

Bad Company

Established Member
I wanted to throw up when I seen the engine bay of that poor shelby.

Clutch looks interesting though...good find
LOL

I thought the same thing, but who knows maybe he lives up some canyon outside of LA and has a dirt driveway to his million dollar home.

I like the clutch because of the clutch drive disc material. I believe this clutch would be very similar in engagement to a stock clutch without any chatter.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
LOL

I thought the same thing, but who knows maybe he lives up some canyon outside of LA and has a dirt driveway to his million dollar home.

I like the clutch because of the clutch drive disc material. I believe this clutch would be very similar in engagement to a stock clutch without any chatter.

I was thinking somewhere in IRAQ...holy sand

mtang43050

Established Member
I think I would change to auto before I paid 2800 for a clutch.Hopefully the rxt will hold some drag slick abuse @ the track.

Bad Company

Established Member
I was thinking somewhere in IRAQ...holy sand
No, Addiction Motorsports is NW of LA, CA, so I figure the car is seeing a lot of desert sand out there. My sister lives in the Mojave Desert and unless you irrigate everything is dirt and sand. Keeping a car clean of dust is a daily job, even when you garage it

Users who are viewing this thread