Ram Air ?

chuckdlightning

Established Member
What's up everybody...
Well, like an idiot, I allowed a friend of mine who was going through some hard times use my truck for 2 days (i have a commuter car also). He brought it back to me filthy and with a busted driver's side fog light. Needless to say i was PISSED! Ya try to help a friend out and you get dorked. OK, so while I was taking the fog light out to replace it; I had an idea.
I'm sure I'm not the 1st one to think of it, but I was wondering if anyone had ever ran ducting from the fog light openings up to the air-box for a ram air effect. I kinda have the layout in my head and I know some of yall on here are badass fabricators and very creative. I don't want a "kit"; I kinda want it to be custom. Has anyone done this that would have any tips for me?
I just thought it would be a cool idea. Just wondered if anyone else thought so too. What do you guys think?

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Thanks man.. I'm not so much worried about the how-to though. I don't really think it would be that difficult. I was just wondereing if anyone else on here had ever done this... maybe some pic. +/- feedback... is it worth the trouble?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I've thought about doing it, but never seriously. I like the way these trucks look at dusk with the fogs on too much to get rid of them. :D

Tex01Lightning

Established Member
I cut out the plastic between the fins on each side of the heat exchanger, then had two scoops running into a Y connector then to my JLP Forced air box. I will take a pic when i get home to show you. Took abt 3 hrs total.

chuckdlightning

Established Member
I cut out the plastic between the fins on each side of the heat exchanger, then had two scoops running into a Y connector then to my JLP Forced air box. I will take a pic when i get home to show you. Took abt 3 hrs total.

Awesome.. I'd be very interested in seeing that! I also have a JLP air-box. Can't wait to see the pics. Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread