ram 9.5 twin disc install

hopony

Established Member
wpind-IMG_4807.jpg

Stainless works headers would not let the trans out of the tunnel so we had to loosen the kmember to get clearance.

wpid-IMG_2105.jpg

Transmission finally out.

wpid-IMG_3747.jpg

Stock vs 9.5 dual

wpid-IMG_7388.jpg

New flywheel

wpid-IMG_4069.jpg

All ready to go back together.

SCalla1384

Established Member
That sucks the SW headers don't clear, although it looks like they should?? That much money, you'd figure they'd clear. Pricks.

What headers so clear?

hopony

Established Member
Nice, I havent heard much about the ram clutchs. Have you driven it yet?

Drove the car for the first time last night. Clutch engages very high on pedal vs stock clutch. That is going to take some time to get used to. Other than that the pedal feels slightly stiffer than stock. The car shifts very nice although I have not really beat on it yet. Also noticed that when down shifting into 2nd the shifter no longer binds when pushing it to the left. The clutch does rattle if you bog the motor.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Drive the car for the first time last night. Clutch engages very high on pedal vs stock clutch. That is going to take some time to get used to. Other than that the pedal feels slightly stiffer than stock. The car shifts very nice although I have not really beat on it yet. Also noticed that when down shifting into 2nd the shifter no longer binds when pushing it to the left. The clutch does rattle if you bog the motor.

Can't you adjust the travel of the pedal so that it engages where you want it??

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
There's no pedal adjustment unless you have an adjustable master cylinder.

My Mcleod felt the same way when I first installed it--it didn't catch until the very top of the pedal stroke but over the first 500 miles or so, it 'self adjusted' and started to catch more towards the middle of the stroke. It's perfect now. Give the disks/surfaces some mileage to shake hands, sniff butts, and get to know each other. Once they're properly acquainted, I think you'll be in good shape.

hopony

Established Member
There's no pedal adjustment unless you have an adjustable master cylinder.

My Mcleod felt the same way when I first installed it--it didn't catch until the very top of the pedal stroke but over the first 500 miles or so, it 'self adjusted' and started to catch more towards the middle of the stroke. It's perfect now. Give the disks/surfaces some mileage to shake hands, sniff butts, and get to know each other. Once they're properly acquainted, I think you'll be in good shape.

It was more an observation than a complaint. I am sure it will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread