Rain guids in trunk! How to prevent damage...

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I own a Gt but im sure you cobra guys have the same problem as me and if I post this in the mustang section it will never get responded too. When you open the trunk there are those 2 guides on the left and right side for rain. Now ive had my car for a couple of years but the paint in those guides completely went away and the mud and dirt that gets in there is really tearing it up. I try to clean it but im affraid its going to tear up the paint anymore. It seems to me that ford skimped on the paint in there. my car is yellow and it has turned green and shipped away and it looks awful. It almost looks better to leave it dirty. I was wondering if any of you cobra owners have had the same problems and what you have done to prevent it:??:

sam

Established Member
when i wash mine, after i dry the outside of the car then i open the doors, hood and trunk. i wipe them down with the chamis, then i close everything and dry the drips on the outside again. with the gt it's important to slam the hood closed to get the water in the hood scoop to come out. since yours is pretty dirty in the trunk, you may have to use soap and water to clean that first.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yup, dry them out every time or you'll get mold and dirt...

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Thanks alot, but what should i do about the loss in paint:??: :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread