rail fuel pressure gauge question/pic requests

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
So it appears that there are two ways to do this if you still have the FRPS. A guage that goes on the Schrader valve and an adapter that goes on the FRPS then add a guage to that. The 2nd option seems better to me b/c it's further away from the blower heat, and would be easier to read (and look cooler with the hood up). I guess when I go with a Fore system I'll have to use the Schrader location but I don't like it at all to be honest. Does anybody have pictures of their setup?

Four Door SVT

Established Member
aa860ac5c5ac37c91b40e6976e5e38ca.jpg

This is a liquid filled gauge that’s 2.25” in diameter

cj428mach

Established Member
I have a gauge on my regulator just because it came in the kit but really its not necessary. If you want to monitor fuel pressure get a gauge that reads the FRPS like the aeroforce and be done with it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've tried two fore gauges that both took a crap on me. Heat kills them. This was mounted right off the rail with a fore level 1 kit. I now have one mounted on the fore fuel filter case, and one on the regulator that's in the fender area.

choate

Established Member
I've tried two fore gauges that both took a crap on me. Heat kills them. This was mounted right off the rail with a fore level 1 kit. I now have one mounted on the fore fuel filter case, and one on the regulator that's in the fender area.

I'm about to order the level 1 system from Sleeper soon. He mentioned I get a gauge for the regulator. Do you have a pic? Also does the level 1 and or 2 keep the FRPS? I would just ask him but I'd asked him so many questions without paying for anything yet I feel bad

choate

Established Member
I have a gauge on my regulator just because it came in the kit but really its not necessary. If you want to monitor fuel pressure get a gauge that reads the FRPS like the aeroforce and be done with it.
I've got an aeroforce. Still figuring it all out. I didn't know it read fuel pressure w/out another sensor and analog input? I'm going to get a duel speed hut set up (already got the pillar made by Alan at SOS) for monitoring in car fuel/oil pressure but I was mainly thinking of the under hood pressure gauge for functionality, but also just to look cool w/ the hood up at car shows lol. Not gonna lie

MG0h3

Established Member
If you are going to run an in car fuel psi gauge, the sender will go where the schrader valve is.

I'd get the level 1 E and run whatever pumps sleeper says. I got the 465s and running a hobbs. I deleted the fore "controller" and ran a couple of pico relays to save 250 bucks or whatever that thing costs. If you put the reg in the fender I'd ask for like an extra 6' of hose than what the kit comes with.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm about to order the level 1 system from Sleeper soon. He mentioned I get a gauge for the regulator. Do you have a pic? Also does the level 1 and or 2 keep the FRPS? I would just ask him but I'd asked him so many questions without paying for anything yet I feel bad
IMAG0673_zpsz00jtahn.jpg

IMAG0666_zps0zlrxo2h.jpg

IMAG0588_zpskpjatjsg.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
IMAG0673_zpsz00jtahn.jpg

IMAG0666_zps0zlrxo2h.jpg

IMAG0588_zpskpjatjsg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread