Ragtop Wind Deflectors

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
I'm about to take delivery on my first convertible. Do those wind deflectors that mount on the front seat backs (like from Kar Kraft Engineering) really work? Are they a pain to live with (attach and remove)?

Danks,

Peter

:beer:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Petzuk,
I know this doesn't really answer your question, but... I was really pleasantly surprised by the low amount of wind buffet with the top down. I had thought about a deflector too, but once I got the car, I decided I didn't need it. Just my 2 cents - hope it helps.
Cheers,
Pete

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
P3Pete. what kind of filter (brand) and what was the cost and part number if you don't mind. I want to do the same. MG vert also Vin 1087 . Aren't they just classic looking.

a94cobra

Established Member
I got the light bar from Classic Design and the lexan wind deflector that goes inside of that. I have the light bar installed but not the deflector yet. It looks to come in and out with two thumb screws. I can't say for the KarKraft unit. Or if it helps yet.

CWCobra

Established Member
The '03 is my 3rd 'vert, and is the quietest of all. I like the wind level; do not find it obtrusive at all. i would say skip the deflector.

CW

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Thanks for the tips everybody.... No yuppie wind defector for me!!

**********************:lol: **************************

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
OH3,
The K&N part number is E-0945. Picked it up at the local Discount Auto Parts for $49.99 plus tax. Fits nicely, but definitely is smaller than the stock paper filter. I view it as a temporary measure until the dust settles on a cold air or dense charger set up.
Cheers,
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread