Ragtop Wear Marks

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
:smmon:

How are your 03/04 Cobra convertible tops wearing? Do you have any "crushed" looking areas that seem to have been abraded when the top is folded down?

These small areas appear to be a lighter shade of black when viewed in certain lighting conditions. Nothing can clean or otherwise improve their appearance. I have seen this problem on other car models (new Beetles, BMWs, Chryslers) that use this upgraded top material.

Does anyone have a cure for them?

Anyone have their top replaced under warranty because of them?

:shrug:

ALA G8R

Banned
Mine has them, but not too bad. I don't leave the top down when the car is parked. I've also got a really nice (legitimate) rub mark where the top of the passenger window rubs the top when the door closes. I plan on making a run at the dealer to get the top replaced under warranty in a couple of months. My warranty expires in November.

I've found that RaggTopp cleaner and protector helps restore (at least minimize) those crushed areas.

whtsnake03

Established Member
ALA G8R said:
I've also got a really nice (legitimate) rub mark where the top of the passenger window rubs the top when the door closes.

I have the same problem. I seem to recall a fix for this posted a long time ago but I couldn't find it. I still got two years on my warranty though. :beer:

bossvt

Established Member
I have the same problem

My black top has done this ever since I first used it. It's the only irritating cosmetic issue I have with the car. I guess I'll ask the dealer the next time I take it in.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
whtsnake03 said:
I have the same problem. I seem to recall a fix for this posted a long time ago but I couldn't find it. I still got two years on my warranty though. :beer:

:D

There are two options for fixing the window hitting the top when opening or closing the passenger door.

You can either adjust the top's downward movement (length and angle). This is difficult and can cause other top movement problems.

The easier fix is to adjust the window's upward movement limit. This is done by removing the door's inside cover molding, and adjusting the rear metallic limiter. The rear is where the window typically hits the top.

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread