radio delete plate?

Ruslow

Established Member
OK I have learned my lesson.I ordered a delete plate for a 95 from PPI and what I got was something that is NOT that.It is a delete plate but not for a 95 emailed him and he said some cutting and fitting is necessary.Said they were made by roush funning thing is I had mine and it carried a ford number on it and also the ink stamp number f5zv.
My question is does anyone have one?willing to sell?that is the last piece that I am needing to complete the current car.i know it is not an 'R' but it does contain the good parts off of my non existant car now.Stan
here are a few pics of the new ride.
mustang_left_interior.jpg

mustang_left.jpg

mustang_bottom.jpg

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Nice work. Worse case could you make it out of a piece of plastic and then paint it with black crinkle paint?

Ruslow

Established Member
That exhaust is a work of art!

That exhaust was a PITA big time.I fabbed it all and had the oval connectors made and also the gaskets for them.It is a true tuned exhaust.3 inch collectors into 3.5 oval into X pipe then into Dr. Gas boom tubes.Which by the way do not come welded! took like 6 hours to tig them up. but thanks for the kind words.Stan

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
OK I have learned my lesson.I ordered a delete plate for a 95 from PPI and what I got was something that is NOT that.It is a delete plate but not for a 95 emailed him and he said some cutting and fitting is necessary.Said they were made by roush funning thing is I had mine and it carried a ford number on it and also the ink stamp number f5zv.
My question is does anyone have one?willing to sell?that is the last piece that I am needing to complete the current car.i know it is not an 'R' but it does contain the good parts off of my non existant car now.Stan
here are a few pics of the new ride.
mustang_left_interior.jpg

mustang_left.jpg

mustang_bottom.jpg

Stan - The 95R Unique Parts List shows the Ford part number...........

001-10.gif

and below is a MRD at Dearborn document dated 1/13/95 showing the delete panel (third from the bottom) with "Metallist" listed in the supplier column.

0022-4.gif

Notice that Roush is also listed as the supplier for some of the 95R unique items, but not for the radio block-off plate.

R

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Stan,

I am surprised that happened with PPI. I've done a lot of business with them and never had a problem.

As an alternate idea, you might call Florida 5.0. They make panels for the radio and a/c spaces. Hey will leave them solid of put gauge holes in them. The texture isn't exactly the same as original, but they work good.

You going to have this car at Tulsa?

Tom

Ruslow

Established Member
Thanks for the info.yes plan on being in Tulsa with it.First I have to get it done and run at BBORR and then SSCC.hopefully by then it will be a verified 200mph car.But I do know that I will be doing it alone,there is alot of responsibly when going that fast with someone else in the car.Just ask Steve!Stan

just looked at the florida site and what I am lookin g for stock appearing one.I can make one like they are showing i don.t want to have screws showing if poss.

Last edited:

Established Member
Just saw this post. Ben out of pocket for a while on family issues. I'd absolutely trust your car at 200. Not sure about the tires! I'll try to get to the shop in the next few days. Do you want mine to copy? I like the exhaust as well.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread