Radiator - Question

jvert

Established Member
I was just wondering how many of you have replaced your radiator in your cobras?
Looks like mine is on it way out and I was wondering what do you all recommend for replacement? Any advice would be great. Or do you all recommend to get it the original fixed?

Thanks

buddha93

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend?

An aftermarket aluminum pricing starts around $275 and only goes up from there. Getting your's fixed will cost you at least $100 IIRC.

I've had several different radiators in a few cars. FMS used to have a 3 core that was good for the money, but I believe it's been discontinued. I had a Be-Cool that was nice, but I didn't like the way it fit. They've since made one that fits the Foxes much better, but they are very pricey. I really like the the Fluidyne in my car now. Of all of the radiators I've had, this one easily fits the best.....next to OEM of course. I picked mine up years back for around $330ish to my door.

totheduals

Established Member
Are those Mitsomosho (Spelling??) any good?
I'm looking for one also but don't want to spend the money on a Fluidyne!
What about the Ford Racing one? Even tho it has plastic tanks.....?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I installed it around 1998 or so. It was the "Cobra R" radiator offered through ford motorsport. It does have the plastic side tanks. It is substantially thicker than stock, and somewhat taller. Enough so that the lower rad mounts need to be tweaked a bit for it to sit right. You don't even want to know what I had to do to fit it plus my markviii efan in there. :)

buddha93

Established Member
Ah, sounds like fun......not.

I have that 3 core they offered back in the mid 90's, all metal. It dropped right in, and was just thicker. Worked really well for the money, $200 IIRC.

jvert

Established Member
Thanks fellas...Im going to look into the Fluidyne and Mishimoto radiator. I plan on taking the car open track at the Autobahn in Joliet this year. Thanks for the tips.

The mishimoto is not to expensive but the Fluidyne is a bit more pricey.

What do you all think between the two?

Last edited:

totheduals

Established Member
Priced out the Mishimotom, Fluidyne, Flex A Lite, Afco, Be Cool, and the All Star rads today. Kinda worried cause they are all different and I want one that just drops in!

Bang for the buck the Be Cool (Eliminator Series) and All Star's were priced very well!

buddha93

Established Member
Priced out the Mishimotom, Fluidyne, Flex A Lite, Afco, Be Cool, and the All Star rads today. Kinda worried cause they are all different and I want one that just drops in!

Bang for the buck the Be Cool (Eliminator Series) and All Star's were priced very well!

What was the price on the Be-Cool? I didn't think they had anything under $300. All of there stuff is expensive.

buddha93

Established Member
Thanks fellas...Im going to look into the Fluidyne and Mishimoto radiator. I plan on taking the car open track at the Autobahn in Joliet this year. Thanks for the tips.

The mishimoto is not to expensive but the Fluidyne is a bit more pricey.

What do you all think between the two?

The Mishimoto is made in China...........duh! The Fluidyne is made here in the US, hence the pricing difference.

From my understanding, the Mishimoto had a terrible track record there for a while, but has since been fixed. There are also a few guys that have had problems with the Fluidynes. I'm not one of them.

It's whatever you want. I know the Fluidyne will fit very nicely, and I'm sure the Mishimoto will drop right in too.

red95gts

Established Member
Actually the Mishimoto is made in Rhode Island, if I remember correctly. I had one on my 91 LX and it dropped in like stock. I was running an electric fan, so I can't say how it would fit with the factory mechanical fan.

My only complaint with it was the size of the overflow outlet. It was 1/16" NPT and would clog if the smallest bit of trash got in it. I re-drilled it for 1/8" NPT and never had any other issues out of it.

buddha93

Established Member
Actually the Mishimoto is made in Rhode Island, if I remember correctly.

Unless something changed, to my knowledge it's an imported radiator. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. If you say Rhode Island, here's hoping.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread