Radiator Fan Issue need help!

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Hey Everyone

I have searched the forums and couldn't find anything. OK so on my third radiator fan which is now dead, and I'm not sure what is causing them to go out. I did find the connector that connects to the fan to be bad, but have no idea what caused it to go bad. The connector was not bad the last two times that I have changed out the radiator fan, and is now something new to add to the list.

Has anyone had this issue before, or can someone point me in the right direction? Also will I need to replace the wire harness, or can I replace the clip?

IMG_2748_zpsvnqfqec1.jpg

Thanks!

Oscar Campos

basspro302

Established Member
Replace the connector and wires, it should come as a pig tail. You probably have a bad resistor in the part that it plugs into. It will cause the fan to only work on high.

The part number is fmc-br3z-8l603-a

I had to replace this and found out it was cheaper to get a motorcraft fan assembly. Part number dr3z8c607b

Crazy jok3r

Established Member
Thanks for the reply
Replace the connector and wires, it should come as a pig tail. You probably have a bad resistor in the part that it plugs into. It will cause the fan to only work on high.

The part number is fmc-br3z-8l603-a

I had to replace this and found out it was cheaper to get a motorcraft fan assembly. Part number dr3z8c607b

I just replaced my fan assembly two months ago with upgraded gt500 assembly, so is there a way to test resistor?

I also tested the fan by starting my car and places climate control to max, and blower motor switch in the hi position. The fan turned on, but after a couple of seconds it turned off. Then turned on 30 seconds later if this helps.

basspro302

Established Member
You can jump the relay in the fuse box to test the low speed/high speed.

You will have a relay for high speed and one for low. look in your owners manual.

They should be marked on the relay you will want to jump pin 30 to 87
I will also say that if you do not have any experience you shouldn't attempt this.

There is more diagnostic I do but this is a basic do it yourself test.

I bet someone has a YouTube video on how to do this. I can't stress enough that you should be careful jumping power on computer controlled circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread