Radiator Cooler use

BraMas

Established Member
This might be a dumb question but It is my understanding that the Radiators for the Auto and Manual is the same. and If your car is a Manual obviously the cooler hook ups are there and not being used. has anyone considered either hooking up the oil lines or even the power steering lines to the radiator?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I don't remember my stock radiator having the fittings for the tranny cooler lines. Even so, the power steering cooler is in front of the ac condenser so I don't see moving them to the radiator cooler actually cooling it. As for the oil its already being somewhat cooled by the oil cooler in the oil filter housing adapter.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
I've spent a lot of time under my car and don't recall seeing any fittings on the radiator for a transmission cooler.

CJK440

Established Member
Even if it had tranny cooler fittings, do you want to run your PS fluid thru it? I don't know how hot the PS fluid gets in normal operation but an in tank cooler will only cool hotter fluids to the coolant temp ~200. If your PS fluid never got that hot before, you will end up heating it.

BraMas

Established Member
I know that there is already coolers for the P/S and oil I'm talking about added cooling. I ask because I open track and Autox my car.
And this is what I'm talking about on the Rad. are these not the hook ups for the Auto Trans cooler?
CIMG0350.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread