radiator cap??

03redrocket

Established Member
I checked all the threads and I could not find one on the part# for the cap not the one on the bottle.

Thanks in advance Julain

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I checked all the threads and I could not find one on the part# for the cap not the one on the bottle.

Thanks in advance Julain

I do not know of a replacement for the radiator caps that were used on each of the three R models. They appear to have been "modded" for each application. The 93R appears to have a regular production 93 Cobra (maybe other Ford also) radiator cap that has been "cutted" on the bottom side and the "16lbs" information whited-out. The 95R cap appears to me modded in the same way, but instead of using a regular production radiator cap, it appears that a degas bottle cap was used and the "checked flags" plate riveted over any original info. The 00R cap also appears to be a degas cap that was gutted and a label installed without the pressure info.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks, So could I just put the same cap as on the degas bottle?? It is a 00R

Sorry for the late reply, I have been at the beach for the weekend. I have not had my radiator cap off of my 00R, so I do not know how it was modified. "If" it is like the 95R, the spring and all center items are removed and only the outer seal is left in place to seal the cap once it is installed. It has no "pressure" regulation function, it only seals the radiator fill hole. The cap on the degas bottle serves as the pressure regulator. I feel that the 00R radiator cap was modified the same way since it too uses the degas system.

R

Users who are viewing this thread