Radial on a stick car?

dabster

Established Member
Anyone running a 15x8 radial set up on their mt-82? I don't go to the track often, would be mainly for street duty in the summer. I want something that will actually stick but don't want to run a bias ply on the street and get 0 miles of them and worry about going around turns. What's everyone think? Is it just a ticking time bomb with them on? Thanks in advance

SCalla1384

Established Member
I do. I daily drive on 15x8 NT555Rs. I've been to the track with them, probably about 50 passes on them. In fact, I have another set 15x10 with bias plys, made about 15 passes, and broke 3 times. 2 tossed spider gears, 1 bent axle.

Any time you dump the clutch, it's a lot more stressful on the drivetrain versus slipping it. No matter the tire. Between this car and my old car, probably close to 300 passes on drag radials, never hurt nor broke a thing. 15 passes on slicks. And I've broken 3 times.

Also, 15x8 stick out alittle bit. I bottomed out and chipped the pain on my quarters. I honestly would not recommend them.

q6543

Established Member
I get more miles out of my bias plys than I ever get from drag radials.

If street only drag radials are pretty good.
if you take them to the track at all then go with bias plys.

mhyjek

Established Member
I do. I daily drive on 15x8 NT555Rs. I've been to the track with them, probably about 50 passes on them. In fact, I have another set 15x10 with bias plys, made about 15 passes, and broke 3 times. 2 tossed spider gears, 1 bent axle.

Any time you dump the clutch, it's a lot more stressful on the drivetrain versus slipping it. No matter the tire. Between this car and my old car, probably close to 300 passes on drag radials, never hurt nor broke a thing. 15 passes on slicks. And I've broken 3 times.

Also, 15x8 stick out alittle bit. I bottomed out and chipped the pain on my quarters. I honestly would not recommend them.

Totally agree I've run radials 15x8 on jegs wheels no chips but would rub and the car handled like crap. Then put Nt05r's 305/35/19 they handle well and DD as well as tracked just slip the clutch you won't get 1.3 60 foot but I could repeat 1.7 time after time best 60 was 1.55 but that was a unicorn launch would've been my best pass but shifted from 2nd to 5th in a t56 setup which is extremely hard to do I was so excited from the way the car launched I guess. My car needs a driver mod!!!

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
my street setup is 275/60/15 555R. I think they handle great and do decently in the rain. great part is they are cheap compared to the 18" DRs I had before and last longer.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My buddy daily drives on WELD RTS 15X10 with a MT ET radial 325/50/15. I personally would have stuck to a 15X8 and smaller tire.

29w4xg9.jpg

16gzcr9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread