radar detectors

TRMNTR

Established Member
Never leave home without it.

Valentine One is the best by far. It's expensive but worth every penny. It pays for itself quickly.

My wife has the Passport 8500 which is also good, but I prefer the Valentine. If we're taking her car on a long trip, I will switch the radar detectors and take mine.

TRMNTR

Established Member
Excellent range/warning time (unless they use instant-on or laser-nothing can save you then).

Arrows tell you if the signal is coming from ahead or behind, so you know to look ahead of you or in your rear-view mirror.

Bogey counter tells you how many signals are detected. (For example, if it says two, and you see one, watch out, there may be another one down the road.)

It blows away the competition in every radar detector comparison I've seen.

Blksnke

Established Member
what about the feature on the other one that has a gps system in it with preprogramed sites like where they have camera's at lights etc. and learns what is false and what is new.

quad

Established Member
Excellent range/warning time (unless they use instant-on or laser-nothing can save you then).

Arrows tell you if the signal is coming from ahead or behind, so you know to look ahead of you or in your rear-view mirror.

Bogey counter tells you how many signals are detected. (For example, if it says two, and you see one, watch out, there may be another one down the road.)

It blows away the competition in every radar detector comparison I've seen.

Another nice option is the concealed display. I have my V1 wired into the car. The V1 clips onto the sun visor. I then have the concealed unit attached with velcro near my knee. Whenever the V1 goes off I can watch where the signal is coming from near my knee instead of looking up at the visor. The concealed display is identical to the V1 - it includes the arrows etc.

The concealed display is also useful at nightime because when it is plugged in the V1 display becomes inactive. Cars driving behind you would not see any blinking lights in your cockpit.

quad

Established Member
what about the feature on the other one that has a gps system in it with preprogramed sites like where they have camera's at lights etc. and learns what is false and what is new.

That sounds useful.

saleencobra

Established Member
i like my solo s2 alot. being cordless was a plus and i like to switch it between cars quite often so its convenient.

but a hardwired v1 would be on my wishlist for the cobra

Users who are viewing this thread