racing stripes

01MGSVT

Established Member
hey everyone im new to the S197 body style and i just purchased a 2006 torch red GT w/ 33000 miles. im wanting to get some opinions on some racing stripes, im leaning towards black stripes but im open to white. also what would be better, 10in. or 12in. wide? any pics would help. thanks alot :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if you like them go ahead an get them, dont take this the wrong way but you will prolly get more reponses for the S197 GT's. must of us would say get them painted on. good luck

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
u realize you posted this in a "tech section" for GT500s?

not a S197 "appearance" area..........
:shrug:

01MGSVT

Established Member
u realize you posted this in a "tech section" for GT500s?

not a S197 "appearance" area..........
:shrug:

i do realize this a """"tech section"""" but i do know that ALOT of shelbys come with stripes and im just trying to get some opinions!!!

svt1111

Established Member
Don't get the white stripes. Trust me. You will draw UNWANTED attention. If anything and stripes are really your bag, do the black ones.

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
I had a 2007 Gt before. It was tungten grey. I really think these cars don't look good with any stripes. Instead they look over killed. It's like putting a gold kit on a Mustang(only Mexicans do that). To me ONLY Shelbys should have stripes. After all that's what Ford intended to do when they put the stripes on the Shelby(differenciate). If you like our stripes just trade it in for one like ours. It's worth the money and time you will save on performance parts just to get to our level. I'm talking to u like I would talk to my son...

svt1111

Established Member
what kind of unwanted attention?

From the police.

I've been pulled over two times within a 1/2 hr. time frame for people calling me in for "racing between cars, and racing down the breakdown lane" none of which beared any semblence to the truth! Not that I haven't done my share of roll racing in the past....... Anyway, the first Trooper said he saw me from 'a mile away' before he pulled me over. The second one almost took me to jail. I kid you not.

I've also learned recently of other cops from other towns who actually know common aquaintances of mine who those cops now know my car, and who I am. Its not a good thing.

So the reason I said don't do white stripes is that a red Mustang is going to draw the law's attention enough as it is. Once you make it 'flashier' you become prejudged as some kind of hooligan behind the wheel. I'm telling you if I go 5-10 mph over the speed limit in my wife's BMW, they don't notice. If I go 5 MPH over in my Shelby, they pass me and I see their brake lights come on.

^^^^^ If that sounds like you're kind of fun, then throw on the white stripes and good luck. Personally I'm getting sick of it now.

Users who are viewing this thread